aftermath

hennioso

Arachnopeon
Okay so it's been exactly one week since my 'Tula'(chula)had her first molt. Boy what a day that was.. Not only was she stressed, but I also had a minor anxiety attack that day. It took her over twelve hours to extract from her exoskeleton.. She layed on her back the whole day. Man I was so tripped out because I thought she died and didn't know what was wrong. But at the same time, in the back of my mind I knew it was a molt and had to be patient.

After the 8th hour I really started getting worried.. But by that twelfth hour she started moving super slow. Her legs were moving, but in a way as if you knew it had to be a very stressful, not to mention a painful and strenuous experience for her. I got to see how it looked and I must say, it was very exciting to watch. I didn't want to miss one bit.

When she finally kicked off her outer skin , she emerged into the most gorgeous spider I've ever seen. She went from brown to a beautiful henna/blueish color..
Not only has her color changed, but her attitude has, and she's moving faster, laying down(yes actually stretching out)and climbing up the glass.

This girl is something else now that she came out of the molt. I just hope I can bond with her without her becoming too aggressive. But in all, I'm glad I got to experience such a beautiful thing and can't wait to see her next one. Hopefully the next won't be so long and as stressful..

Last edited:

Rue

Arachnoknight
I'm glad she moulted successfully! Now I know that it can take hours!

...still waiting for the temperatures to rise before I get my first spiderlings shipped out...

...trying to learn all I can in the meantime! Thanks!

hennioso

Arachnopeon
I'm glad she moulted successfully! Now I know that it can take hours!

...still waiting for the temperatures to rise before I get my first spiderlings shipped out...

...trying to learn all I can in the meantime! Thanks![/QUOTE Your welcome.. Have fun with them when they do arrive.. I know you can't wait huh?