After molt feedings

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:? My redknee molted on Sunday and I took out the molt on Monday morning...How long do I wait b4 feeding him again? And even though it is dry now, can I still send it out to be sexed, the molt that is, lol?

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If it's only around 1 or 2 inches, I'd say a week or so but if you have a full grown T, it could take a few weeks to recover.

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
You could carefully put the molt in a baggie with some paper towel soaked with rubbing alcohol and send it out by the next day. The part of the molt which must not be broken for sexing is the front of the bottom side of the abdomen.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You could carefully put the molt in a baggie with some paper towel soaked with rubbing alcohol and send it out by the next day. The part of the molt which must not be broken for sexing is the front of the bottom side of the abdomen.
We can just tell you right here if its male or female....all you have to do is look for a leaf like thing between the upper book lungs..if you see something sticking up....its female if there is nothing there its male...do you have a camera?...do you know exactly the book lungs are?

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As long as the T is at least 2" you can sex it. As suggested- why not try taking a pic and posting it here? It is really, really easy to sex from an exuvium once you know what you are looking for.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:? My redknee molted on Sunday and I took out the molt on Monday morning...How long do I wait b4 feeding him again? And even though it is dry now, can I still send it out to be sexed, the molt that is, lol?
I would wait at least a week and a half from the day he molted. Then after that waitin an extra few days more wouldn't hurt either...

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you can get a ventral picture I am pretty good at that as well especially with smithis. Or you can send it in a baggy to me and I will sex it for you if the molt is not to mangled.