After molt behavior.

Tyrannosaur

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My 4" T. Blondi molted before my eyes for the first time since I've had it yesterday. I watched him flip over, then later slowly get out, then start to eat his part of his old skin. All his legs were there and his fangs were sharp and white{D But I just checked on him today and he is kind of scrunched against the glass a bit in his hide, with the rest of his skin discarded at the entrance. He has a couple of his front legs under him, and he is not stanind up, but he did move when i tapped the glass. Is he ok and just tired? His abdomen is sooooo small after the molt :(

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
we prob need pix to c if the legs uder the front are the death pose. and how small is "small" pertaining to the abdomen?

did it look like a good moult? just remember: how would you feel if you had to lay on your back and push all your skin off of you?

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hardening up

He's still hardening up, maybe just let him sit and rest. Lots of times they'll just rest on the ground and maybe stretch way out, or just sit. Resist the temptation to feed until his fangs are nice and black. Tony

Tyrannosaur

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Haha. Well I just put the lamp next to his window to take some pictures and not liking the light he sort of got up a bit and moved over, taking all of his legs from underneath him. It was just his two back legs and one of his front ones on one side that were under him. His abdomon is about a 1/3 to a 1/4 of the size it was before the molt.

These are some bad pictures I just tried to take. It's so hard with dirty glass and little light to take those macros...

Tyrannosaur

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Oh I know to leave him alone until he perks up, and I have. Probably wont feed him until sunday before I go on vacation. I just am worried about how he was sitting there, didn't know if that was normal.

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
it probably was. he looks pretty healthy. beautiful T, tho. i love blondis, but i always thoiught they were brown. that black and red is georgeous. (SP)

kasai

Arachnopeon
it probably was. he looks pretty healthy. beautiful T, tho. i love blondis, but i always thoiught they were brown. that black and red is georgeous. (SP)
T. blondi's are most beautiful after a molt, they have that black color with pinkish setae! It's an amazing change... but eventually they become brown again :(

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Most of my terrestrials adopt the same scrunshed position with their legs drawn in until they start to harden up, however, my arborials seem to stretch their legs out completely againt the tank walls.

Two different positions post molt.

Tyrannosaur

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well how long should it take for him to harden up? Its kind of hard for me to see its fangs.