After meals

shogun8

Arachnopeon
Hey I was just wondering, I hear from a lot of people that after each meal you should take out the remains of whatever the t does not finish. Right now I currently own 3 T's (hoping to get more and after each meal I don't seem to be able to find the ball of webbed up remains people tell me about. Do all T's have to have some sort of remains or are some just clean eaters?

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
Just go through maybe twice a week and look closely for little dry greyish balls of crud. Thats the bolus left over from eating. I guess T's can eat the whole prey item, but I've found they typically leave a lil something for me to clean up. If you find those, pull em out. If you dont, then its all good.
Just keep the cage clean from any visible leftovers, and you will be fine. The only real problem occurs when you invite mold or mites. If you notice this, just change the whole substrate, bake the decorations in the oven, and wash the tank.

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
+1 to most of what spidershane said minus the complete renocation with mold or mites. When it comes to those, there are a few ways of dealing with it. research the MANY ways of dealing with those concepts and when the time comes you'll know what to do.

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
I find it pretty easy to find the food boluses. My G. rosea, when it decides to actually eat:wall:, leaves the boluses in its clay pot hide. I don't know what species leave them in the same place each time, but it is pretty convenient:D.

--Dan