AFS scorplings - advice needed

Scorpling24

Arachnopeon
Hubby bought two AFS several months back. Honestly, we don't even remember when we got them, but it had to have been at the least, early this year. I'd say within a week one killed the other (ok, more like devoured him), even with them being in a large enclosure with separate hidey holes. We figured the one was just extra aggressive, but it turns out they apparently were the opposite sex and had mated (I know I know, a bit naive on our part). We had no idea she was ever gravid, so you can imagine our surprise to find this clutch of babies yesterday. We could definitely use some advice, as this is a brand new adventure for us and we want to take care of them as best we can. Anyone know of a good care sheet/website on taking care of scorplings? TIA!

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hubby bought two AFS several months back. Honestly, we don't even remember when we got them, but it had to have been at the least, early this year. I'd say within a week one killed the other (ok, more like devoured him), even with them being in a large enclosure with separate hidey holes. We figured the one was just extra aggressive, but it turns out they apparently were the opposite sex and had mated (I know I know, a bit naive on our part). We had no idea she was ever gravid, so you can imagine our surprise to find this clutch of babies yesterday. We could definitely use some advice, as this is a brand new adventure for us and we want to take care of them as best we can. Anyone know of a good care sheet/website on taking care of scorplings? TIA!
As soon as they leave her back separate them into their own condiment cups with a dozen or so vent holes poked in the lid. You'd keep them like you would the adults except with no water dish. You have to make sure their sub is always moist and give them a light misting of one side to create droplets to drink from every night or every other night. Feed them pinhead crickets or fruitflies every couple of days.

HUNGRYBEASTS

Arachnopeon
Just put them on a tackle boxes/bead box... Easy to take care off and easy to feed.. After they leave their mom's back..

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
If you have problems feeding babies, crush adult crickets head and pile a few in the corner of their box, they'll be gone in the morning ;)

Keeping them together will make them more confident/active and they'll also grow faster (IME), though theres always a runt and a fast grower per brood :D
Keep them like the adult, one dry end, one wet end, a few hides. They will likely all bunch together under one hide and start to burrow