african trapdoor spiders question?????

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i've posted this same question at least 3 times with no response so here goes again, i want to get some trapdoor spiders red ones and the black ones, i hear they only live around 5 years, what i want to know is: has anyone here had or heard of anyone breeding them sucessfuly? this would help make my descision if i would get some in attepts to keep em going by breeding. thanks to anyone who replys.---Jeff

tikbalang

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hi... yes there are some reported successful breeding project for the trapdoors.

actually, i'm planning to get one too.

if i'm not mistaken it can live more than 5years just as the same as tarantulas around 10-15years.

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Actually I will be attemping this soon. I need to do more reasarch and need to get some time.

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

hey thats cool, please keep us updated on your progress ok, i would love to hear about it, thanks--Jeff

Syspila

Arachnopeon
Trapdoors

I have a Gorgyella as well as a Ummidia. The Ummidia I received wild caught locally in April of 98. An adult.

The Gorgyella I received in early 2000 as an adult from another hobbyist. They have done well. Of course, not too much has been done looking for males so no breeding. They are interesting animals.

Ted