African Horizontal Burrowers?

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am just curious if any of you folks know of any African T's that exhibit more "horizontal" type burrowing habits, similar to a T.Blondi, for example. As far as I know, most African T's seem to be deep burrowers, such as my H. Gigas.
Thanks for the input guys, I know it's an odd question, but I was curious.

Cheers.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the "horizontal" burrowers are more just terrestrials that will take residence in hides and maybe dig them out a little more. Basically any terrestrial T does this. Now as far as terrestrial African species, Im not very well known on African T's but im sure others here can help you with that.

I think P Murinus is considered terrestrial (or at least not as much a burrower as say H. Gigas or King Baboons would be)

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yea, the Usambara is next on my list. I know it burrows, but it's more known for its incricate and deep web systems. I'm basicallt just asking for curiosities sake, I'm in sort of a phase, or rather in a phase of increased fascination with African animals. I'm doing some more research on Encyocratella as well. I'm just curious if theres anything a bit more visible and less reclusive than the Hysterocrates and Pterinochilus specimens. Thanks for the help, I truly appreciate it.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
are you dead set on terrestrial? If not you could look into Heteroscodra Maculata its a beautiful arboreal African species. Grows to about 5" and is a nice mix of black and white markings.

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, it's not about being set on anything in terms of a purchase just yet, It's just that I was curious and honestly prefer terrestrial and it would serve as a convienience do to all my spare 10gallon tanks, but thanks for the recommendation.