African Giant Black Millipede Eggs

mickiem

Arachnoprince
A small golden pearl! A few months ago, I found eggs and protonymphs. I never see the babies but I think there were only a few. A few days ago I found a slew of naked eggs about 8" deep in substrate. Last night I found another nest of protonymphs and eggs just about an inch below the soils' surface on the opposite end of the enclosure. I only have two females but they sure did get busy. AGB egg.JPG

SlugPod

Arachnoknight
Nice!

Hopefully you'll have a bunch of 'pedes for further breeding once they're old enough!

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Nice!

Hopefully you'll have a bunch of 'pedes for further breeding once they're old enough!
That's a long time from now! I will likely get more adults this summer. They are fun!

draiko

Arachnosquire
Ah so thats what those are! We have TONS of these. In my back garden. Ive found ones as large as 25cm. Didnt know those things were their eggs. You leanr something new everyday.

SlugPod

Arachnoknight
That's a long time from now! I will likely get more adults this summer. They are fun!
Yeah, that is true.
But once you have a bunch of mature adults that are breeding regularly, you could have a decent sized colony of them going haha.
That'd be awesome to see.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Yeah, that is true.
But once you have a bunch of mature adults that are breeding regularly, you could have a decent sized colony of them going haha.
That'd be awesome to see.
Haha. Visions of monkey bars for AGB's all over my living room. Yeah, baby!

InvertsandOi

Arachnoknight
Looks like something I found on the underside of a piece of wood in my Chicobolus spinigerus enclosure a few months ago. It's gone now. I wonder if I have pedelings. I haven't seen any yet.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Looks like something I found on the underside of a piece of wood in my Chicobolus spinigerus enclosure a few months ago. It's gone now. I wonder if I have pedelings. I haven't seen any yet.
Mine spend a lot of time underground. I like to put round apple slices in the enclosure at night. The next morning I look for little tiny frass on the surface of the apple - a telltale sign of babies.

If Ivorys are the only pedes you have in that enclosure, though, it wouldn't be eggs. They cover their eggs in frass. Not very many species lay naked eggs like the AGB. Not sure what else it could be, though!

MantidMaster

Arachnophile
Old Timer
What were the provided breeding conditions you provided you AGBs? I really want to breed AGB's :)