African Burrowing Scorpion Dying?

katelomedicomarriott

Arachnopeon
Hi, I have an elderly Opistophthalmus glabifrons and she has become super lethargic, doesn't care if I gently touch her, and her tail is mostly out behind her, with all but the very stinger and one or two segments still curled up. Does this sound like she is fading? Can I do anything? I was told she is old.

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
Is she out in the open a lot? Does she hiss at you when you touch her? i've heard they can live for a long time... between 10 and 15 years (but I'm not sure on that)

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
Pretty sure the OP said the scorpion doesn't care when she gently touches her...

Colin93

Arachnoknight
Hi, I have an elderly Opistophthalmus glabifrons and she has become super lethargic, doesn't care if I gently touch her, and her tail is mostly out behind her, with all but the very stinger and one or two segments still curled up. Does this sound like she is fading? Can I do anything? I was told she is old.
Possibly just cold, my spinifer has done this before, maybe move her closer to the heat source and keep an eye on her

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
Like @Colin93 said: Put in a warmer place, it should do improve in a few hours.
If it still remains inactive and doesn't react to you touching it with a brush, then I fear the glabifrons is already looking at the bright light....

Colin93

Arachnoknight
Any update on how she is doing?

katelomedicomarriott

Arachnopeon
Yes thank you she is doing much better! I bought her a brand new heat pad just to be safe but she is still really preferring the space heater over it for whatever reason. A lot more active and alert.

Here's a photo of her from yesterday. As you can see, she's fairly old but she's doing much better with thr brand new heating pad.

Attachments

Colin93

Arachnoknight
Yes thank you she is doing much better! I bought her a brand new heat pad just to be safe but she is still really preferring the space heater over it for whatever reason. A lot more active and alert.
Good, glad she pulled through, sometimes they do that and just act really strange, if ever in doubt just ask on here and someone will be able to help. 🙂