African Bull frog set up

CreepTumorXD

Arachnoknight
I was thinking about getting one, how should I go about setting up the tank? how big a tank do i need? and how much food cost are we looking at?

basin79

ArachnoGod
I had mine in a simple set up. Around 6" sub with a washing up bowl as a water dish. They don't really move apart from eating. I ended up putting my male in a 2ftx2ft tank as he really didn't use the larger tank I had him set up in.

Mine could happily eat 15-25 adult dubai roaches in a single sitting. I'd also give him morio worms and the occasional rat/chick. They need to be mainly fed inverts for a happy and healthy life.

You need dechlorinater for the water and vit/calcium dust for the feeders.

I fed Rancor in a separate rub when feeding him inverts to stop him ingesting large amounts of substrate.

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
I think I'm going to have to get me one of these. I need something to help eat all these hissers I produce. My Pac man won't eat them.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I think I'm going to have to get me one of these. I need something to help eat all these hissers I produce. My Pac man won't eat them.
A male African Bullfrog or a female cane toad will be more than happy to help you out with your "problem".

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
I would love cane toads but they are illegal in Ky. Not sure why. It's so lame, like they could survive our freezing winters.

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
Got 27 mixed Halloween hissers (Elliptorhina javanica) in Jan 2016 and have produced hundreds. Got hundreds of dubia in August and produced dozens.

CreepTumorXD

Arachnoknight
amazing, what is the climate were you are? do you heat them? I assume you do, but some ppl dont need to.

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
are they arboreal?
. Well not really. But they like to crawl and chew on bark and sticks. Those fake plants are full of small nymphs. If I mist the tank it turns black with babies. I only mist for their drinking. They are fun to watch.