African armored crickets

KevinsWither

Arachnodemon
Does anyone have experiences in care with African armored crickets? Anything for breeding?

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
This thread has by far, the best information on breeding these guys I've found on the internet. The guy never mentioned if he was able to rear his nymphs to adulthood though. Good luck finding any for sale though, the importation of these is very illegal without a permit, and I'm not sure about the legality of keeping these in the US...

KevinsWither

Arachnodemon
I heard that they eat plant matter and dog meat. Anyways are these guys communal? Any experience with them?

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
I heard that they eat plant matter and dog meat. Anyways are these guys communal? Any experience with them?
They will eat vegetables like lettuce but also require protein, which can be offered in the form of live invertebrates or dog/cat food. From what I've heard they can be kept together but don't handle crowding too well and will definitely cannibalize each other if not fed often enough or not fed enough protein. I don't have any personal experience with them, but I have done some reading up on them. :)