Advice?!?!

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
My advice would be to buy a little something for her first, then buy the T. while she is in a good mood. That way you'll get what you want without a fight. Worked with my wife, anyway. I just put up a fuss about something she wanted(all an act), broke down and got it for her, and then getting my next one was no problem.
Hey, you're thinking like a woman (re acting) that's soo cool! I could never do that!! :D I mean, even if I tried hard I mean, I'd fail :D

tm:
If she's smart she'll already know you'll come home with one ;)

Edit:
Gah! Too late :wall:

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I just started back up into the hobby myself this last December when I registered here.

Now I have 9 tarantulas and another due next week.

And 10 scorpions, 9 of them V. spinigerus in a communal tank.

And 3 w/c Black Widows in large jars.

I have tons of room where I'm keeping em and am already plotting to add more.

Congrats, I am very happy your significant other didn't have issues with your expansion. ;P

mischaaussems

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It doesn't matter now, it's a psychological limit. Why would someone approve 10 T's but not 15. Buy a more girly spider for her, maybe a nice versicolor. (not that I think that these are girl spiders but I've noticed that a lot of female hobbiests love avics, so don't get me wrong:) )That should do the trick. .......... good luck.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Id say what some of the others have said, You are around the number of Ts where your wife probably won't notice another T. So you could risk it and just add another one into your collection.

thwarts

Arachnopeon
I'd say that i wear the trousers in the relationship, then again I'm single:? :? !!!!

Jonathan Wilhelm

Arachnopeon
My wife freaked out when I brought my first home in november. Now I have 5, she thinks I only have two. She stays away from my office where I keep them. My collection most likely will double by the end of the month. She is going to freak when she goes in there. haha

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
when i want another one i just keep talking about it
eventually she will either say go get it or she will get it for me just to shut me up:razz:
but then again she also loves t's so i guess that helps
I won't set a limit for how many to keep cause i would just go over it anyway