Advice

The Doc

Arachnopeon
I’ve had an emp for about 20 days. He’s eaten like 3 mealworms the whole time I had him. He has a decent sized enclosure with 2 hides, a water dish. And a maintained temp and humidity. I haven’t reslly ever seen him walk around but I do see him in different hides occasionally. He hasn’t moved in a few days and I nudged him with my feeding tweezers and he didn’t really move so I tried again snd he walked a little bit. He hasn’t eaten in a few weeks. I csnt tell if he’s in premolt or not or if there’s an issue. Just would like some feedback. I csn post a pic if needed

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
I’ve had an emp for about 20 days. He’s eaten like 3 mealworms the whole time I had him. He has a decent sized enclosure with 2 hides, a water dish. And a maintained temp and humidity. I haven’t reslly ever seen him walk around but I do see him in different hides occasionally. He hasn’t moved in a few days and I nudged him with my feeding tweezers and he didn’t really move so I tried again snd he walked a little bit. He hasn’t eaten in a few weeks. I csnt tell if he’s in premolt or not or if there’s an issue. Just would like some feedback. I csn post a pic if needed

Yes post a pic.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Can you take another pic like the third but a close up, it is definitely alive. The coloration looks strange like freshly molted but it could be the lighting. A nice close up shot (no black light). He is still quite fattened it is probably not freshly molted but if it is leave it alone and do not feed it for another 14 days.

The Doc

Arachnopeon
He is alive I know that. But there’s no sign of shed or antrbjng. Just hasn’t wanted food in over 2 weeks. I mean he attacks it and pinches it but never eats it just leaves it on the ground. He also these past few days has barely been moving. I’m used to keeping tarantulas but scorpions are more new to me so sorry ab this

Attachments

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
He is alive I know that. But there’s no sign of shed or antrbjng. Just hasn’t wanted food in over 2 weeks. I mean he attacks it and pinches it but never eats it just leaves it on the ground. He also these past few days has barely been moving. I’m used to keeping tarantulas but scorpions are more new to me so sorry ab this

He is fine, looks very healthy, well fed, and not hungry. This species loves to burrow and live quite sedentary. He is just being a typical chill Emp.

The Doc

Arachnopeon
So should I be worried about him not eating. I don’t try to feed him often. I usually offer a cricket or supper worm every 2-3 days. He usually doesn’t eat it snd hasn’t in a few weeks. He either runs from it or pinches it snd leaves

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
So should I be worried about him not eating. I don’t try to feed him often. I usually offer a cricket or supper worm every 2-3 days. He usually doesn’t eat it snd hasn’t in a few weeks. He either runs from it or pinches it snd leaves
No they low metabolisms and lower in the event of food scarcity. You can offer an adult food every 7 to 14 days. They can go months without food. A captive arid species in a laboratory survived 3 years without food and the same scorpion survived one whole year without water. However forest scorpions suffer a much higher water loss rate than arid species so keep the waterdish filled and the substrate moist (not damp or wet) and he will do fine.

The Doc

Arachnopeon
No they low metabolisms and lower in the event of food scarcity. You can offer an adult food every 7 to 14 days. They can go months without food. A captive arid species in a laboratory survived 3 years without food and the same scorpion survived one whole year without water. However forest scorpions suffer a much higher water loss rate than arid species so keep the waterdish filled and the substrate moist (not damp or wet) and he will do fine.
Thanks for the help