advice

jb62

Arachnosquire
Hi.

I have a Euathlus sp red that's been mated when she was with her last owner.
She doesn't eat and just walks around her tank now and then webbing parts of it up..
Any advice on what I need to look out for.

And I also have a G.porteri female that's not eating.
I know grammy's are know not to eat at some seasons and her size is good and rump isn't looking bad..
She is around 4.5 to 5.0 LS so maybe an adult I have no sure way to tell the age..

any advice would be great on these two.
Thanks.

John.

Spiderdan24

Arachnopeon
I woudnt worry to much iv got a big rose hair around 6 inch leg span she aint ate in 30 weeks amd shes still plump and turning blue so im predicting a molt soon. now just keep offering them once a week till they snap 1 up.

jb62

Arachnosquire
thanks.. any idea what todo about gravid females?.
I haven't bred t's before and just wondered what the process is.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey John,

Are you certain its female? Can you post some pics, just that behaviour sounds very much like the behaviour of a MM.

I wouldn't worry about the Grammostola as they're renowned for such behaviour also.

jb62

Arachnosquire
Hey John,

Are you certain its female? Can you post some pics, just that behaviour sounds very much like the behaviour of a MM.

I wouldn't worry about the Grammostola as they're renowned for such behaviour also.

Yes the E.sp red is 100% female and not a mm as there's no hooks and her vent is easy to see.. Her last owner moult sexed her and then she was bred.
She is only about 2.5 inch long.. I've seen them called chile flames.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yes the E.sp red is 100% female and not a mm as there's no hooks and her vent is easy to see.. Her last owner moult sexed her and then she was bred.
She is only about 2.5 inch long.. I've seen them called chile flames.
Are you keeping her substrate nice and dry?

jb62

Arachnosquire
Are you keeping her substrate nice and dry?
Yes her substrat is dry and 3" deep she has dug out all substrat under her cork hide and her webbing is more like trip wires around her tank not like a MM sperm web as I have a MM E.campestratus so I know that much lol.
I know females make a web sack for eggs.. No idea to how long E.sp red take as I can't find any breeding info on them.
She was mated last November and she drinks but won't attack food so I've stoped feeding as I don't want to upset her I'm any way that could make her lose the eggs if she has any.
Her tank is a good size so she has room to move around and hide from sight if she chooses.
Her substrat is Irish peat mixed with 50% vermiculite.
I did offer her a crushed cricket but she did not want to know..
I pre killed the cricket incase it scared her.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well as long as her abdomen is a decent size Id just let her get on with it, Chilean species of tarantula are renowned for fasting. Just make sure she has access to a water bowl at all times and she should be fine pal.