Advice please: tiny sling lost leg

JoP

Arachnosquire
I have a tiny C. elegans sling that I was rehousing today, and it appears that somehow one of its little legs came off during the transfer (not sure what happened; maybe it got snagged when I scooped it into the little catch cup I used?). It appears to be fine (still crawling around as usual and being active), but I love the little thing and wanted to come here to see if there's anything I can or should do to help. From what I know from researching it, lost legs happen and will usually work out fine with a molt, but has anybody had experience with 1.4" slings losing limbs? Any help/advice is much appreciated; thanks - I'm really hoping my little buddy will be OK.

MKNoiL

Arachnopeon
No worries my friend. Molt or two and your spider is gonna be like new... but bigger ofc, and eight legged again;)

Mayby I'm wrong but I think slings are recovering easier from that kind of stuff.

All the best.

JoP

Arachnosquire
No worries my friend. Molt or two and your spider is gonna be like new... but bigger ofc, and eight legged again;)

Mayby I'm wrong but I think slings are recovering easier from that kind of stuff.

All the best.
That's what I was hoping. They seem pretty tough in general, but I still worried a bit when I saw the leg missing.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No one can predict the future- it might die or not.

Make sure there’s water out and look for changes in abdomen size, small Ts losing fluid die super quick.