Advice needed.

eROCK719

Arachnopeon
So today I dropped pre-killed dubia roaches in all my slings enclosures. My B. Auratum has had it burrow blocked off for a couple months now. I noticed a bit later it had unblocked its hide and was grabbing the roach. It looked shiny like it just recently molted. I didn't want to grab the roach out since it already grabbed it. I'm just concerned that it might hurt itself if it just molted. Any advice or positive thoughts would be appreciated.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
It's fine. Whenever I'm not sure if a specimen is ready to eat or not after a molt, I'll offer prekilled first. If they're fangs aren't fully hardened then odds are they're not going to eat. On the off chance that they would take prey before the fangs are hardened, if the prey is prekilled, then it won't be struggling and imparting any torque or sheering force to the softer fangs.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So today I dropped pre-killed dubia roaches in all my slings enclosures. My B. Auratum has had it burrow blocked off for a couple months now. I noticed a bit later it had unblocked its hide and was grabbing the roach. It looked shiny like it just recently molted. I didn't want to grab the roach out since it already grabbed it. I'm just concerned that it might hurt itself if it just molted. Any advice or positive thoughts would be appreciated.
they know more than us

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Basically answered this in another thread yesterday so I'll just link that below.