Adult sling, choose one

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A lot of Ts change their colors and patterns as they grow. If you could choose ONE species to have keep their sling/juvie colors, which would you choose?

I'd have to say A. versicolor. They're absolutely stunning as juvies, its kind of a shame they lose that look (adults look good too, don't get me wrong). Runner ups are GBB and A. diversipes.

web eviction

Arachnolord
Wow lol tough call......I think versicolor would be first choice and second would be GBB never seen that third runner up in person so it gets no vote lol

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Anyone got any personal pics of an A. Diversipes sling?

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i cant decide between either the GBB or diversipes being more tragic when they start get older. at least versicolors aren't that bad looking...

hm, probably GBB since the change is so radical.

i'm also sad to see my T. ockerti already growing up :(

8by8

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
P. irminia or Avic. avic out of what's not listed.

jdmjames

Arachnopeon
versi's, i like how my diversipes looks but idkk i got it more for the end resultss. they're beautiful slings but imo more so as adults

TrentinG

Arachnopeon
id say gbb...this is not sling to adult, but the h gigas is so cool cuz it goes from black (post molt) to reddish brown (pre molt) in a matter of months. i thinks its pretty sweet :drool:

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
P. platyomma.

Blue fangs(scientific name escapes me right now)

Vericolors of course.

T. ockerti(beutiful as an adult too, but looks better as a sling IMHO)

Mez

Arachnoknight
Ephebopus cyanognathus.....they keep the blue fangs, but if they'd stay pink that'd be great!

toidy

Arachnosquire
i'd say thrixopelma ockerti.. it totally changes it's color from sling to adulthood

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have to say A. purpurea myself. It was a very fun one to watch change to adult colors, not quite as drastic as the versi, but just as beautiful if not more.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd forgotten all about blue fangs, they are striking and adorable as slings. GBBs, I like their adult colors but orange legs with little black socks is so cute. That azuraklaasi is stunning as well!

To me, diversipes adults are really disappointing. After looking like a candy store as slings, they look so drab as adults. Just my opinion though.

I'm not even a big fan of blue Ts but I gotta say, I think a 5 or 6" versi juvenile would be the most beautiful of ALL tarantulas....