adult p. regalis

hermzxd45

Arachnopeon
hey guys i was wondering if a 2.5 gallon tank would be suitable for a full grown adult female p. regalis?.....thanx

aluras

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nope. A 20 gal would be good.
Really? a 20gal?
That seems quite a bit extreme to me...Just my opinion though.unless you were to deck it out like crazy,,,with a few hides an elaborate water bowl and some live plants...then I could see a 20gal. 2.5gal seems like it would be fine, depending on the size of your Regalis.Just remember that it needs space to go up and down not so much side to side:)

kenzie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think 2.5 is perfect for a full grown regalis. We have had ours in a lot smaller, but they seen to do fine in either. Good luck.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A 20 gal would work, but holy buckets, that would be a lot of wasted space and wasted money!

like Kyle et al said... 2.5 gal would work fine! I keep my bigger poecs in an upright 5 gal and all my others in 2.5's.

Good Luck!

J

TheHolyToast

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Didn't the OP say adult P. regalis? I'm sure an adult could live in a 2.5 gal, but I just can't imagine there being much room for them to crawl around in a 2.5.

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am working on my terrarium wich will house my newest spider, P. cambridgei or P. irminia that is same size as the one my A. versicolor is housed in. I have 20 L (5,5 gallon) terrarium and for my terrestrial one I have 15L (4 gallon) terrarium.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
2.5 should do it. It may be a bit snug when she's a full adult (7"+) so a 5gal would be the next step if you feel it is necessary. Nothing bigger than that is really worth considering except to make you feel better. The T won't miss the space.

Hanes

Arachnosquire
If you've got the space I say go for a 5 gal but 2.5 would be adequate, however I think tarantulas look better in a larger, more natural environment

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
2.5 is fine. 20 g.... really? Who has room for that?

I keep mine is small exo-terra type setups, 2.5 gallon, 5 gallon, and tall sterilite containers. They seem to do fine and are happy in them. The only downside to keeping them in smaller containers is that when you feed them they are a relatively short distance away no matter how you go about it.

It never seemed like an issue until the other day when my P. subfusca decided to take the cricket from my hand. It happened so fast that my brain didn't register what was happening at first. I couldn't even get out a curse word and she was back in her cage munching the cricket. It was certainly a first time experience for me and I would like it to be my last lol.

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
It never seemed like an issue until the other day when my P. subfusca decided to take the cricket from my hand. It happened so fast that my brain didn't register what was happening at first. I couldn't even get out a curse word and she was back in her cage munching the cricket. It was certainly a first time experience for me and I would like it to be my last lol.
Heh, a great way to get your heart rate up for sure! I use long tongs with my pokies for sure :razz:

DreadLobster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Really, one of the great things about T's is that they don't REQUIRE much space at all. Even a big blondi or LP can do just fine in a relatively small enclosure.

In fact, I'd venture to say that most T's don't even LIKE big wide open spaces.

I keep my adult female regalis in a verticle 10 gallon. But the male is in probably a 1 or 2 gallon container and does just fine... they're about the same legspan.

I know RobC keeps most of his pokies in big 20 gallons, and they all do fine too. So really, don't worry about what the tarantula will like... As they probably don't have the mental capacity to really appreciate a mansion or be disappointed in a crappy 1 bedroom apartment.

Its up to you and what you want, what fits your space limitations, budget, etc...

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
2.5 gal is just fine, if you have the room, go for a larger enclosure, but if you intend on getting T's in great numbers, you will run out of room and money quickly{D

PIG-