• no kill it now with your foot

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • no just let it die outside

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
a you ay not know i wascleaning out my computer lab to turn into my reptile room, it works okay, but when i was looking around i found a casual little spider, i freaked like usual, i hate the little things i love the big ones ( i know i know strange) and it is cold and snowing where i live should i keep it till t gets warmer outside?

Skulnik

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I said to keep it forever, but generally I would just let it live in the house, especially in the Rept. room where it'll take care of some pests. I've got a ton of spiders in the house, so I've housed a couple to take care of.

I know what you mean by the little spiders though. I'll handle my Ts no problem, but the wolf spider...eeeeew! I do like my jumping spider though. SO CUTE!!

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
well i said forever , but at least untill it dies on ots own. Id leave have te run of your house, its no harm and will help keep the unwelcome bugs down and if you ahve pets you will have pests
only differance is an extra s after all lol

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm feeding it crikets its size wow! eats em i found his web i think in my bearded dragon's cage!?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What kind of spider is it? GOt any pics?

I would keep it unless it's a mature male, then just let it go and mate.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
a you ay not know i wascleaning out my computer lab to turn into my reptile room, it works okay, but when i was looking around i found a casual little spider, i freaked like usual, i hate the little things i love the big ones ( i know i know strange) and it is cold and snowing where i live should i keep it till t gets warmer outside?
Yay someone else like me, I know what your saying. I love tarantulas, but when i see a tiny spider on my cealing it bothers me. Now im probably better than most average people, i dont freak out but there just something about true spiders vs. tarantulas. But then again the more your around something you fear or dislike the more you get used to it, and perhaps even like it. Ive been looking around my house for spiders and pedes and im starting to enjoy it:razz:

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I was another that voted to keep it forever, but I would let it live loose in the spider room. Let it eat some of the escaped crickets or other house spiders or whatnot. :)

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was another that voted to keep it forever, but I would let it live loose in the spider room. Let it eat some of the escaped crickets or other house spiders or whatnot. :)
That reminds me, back in the day I usta feed house spiders to my slings:razz: {D , those days have faded though:rolleyes:

So my votes: keep it see how you like it...I was in your same mindset awhile back and you may see a change in how you see true spiders and such. BTW like novak said do u have pics or know what kind it is?

KaineSoulblade

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is just me, but I don't let true spiders to dwell in my house. They go outside. I don't fancy the idea of them biting me in my sleep or laying egg sacks in the house, what a mess.

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
50/50

I'm about 50/50 when it comes to house spiders. I truly hate spiders running across my face (used to live in an old farm house that was FULL of spiders and they seemed to love my bed- nightmarish), so those that tend to be free-roaming like wolf spiders and such get the boot outside or death. Also, those creepy pale whitish ones that I find on the ceiling, that drop on you without warning, get squished. I do however, LOVE the little black & red fuzzy jumping spiders (don't know my true spiders well enough to tell you a species) that tend to cruise around on the walls and hang out by windows. They are fascinating to watch (amazing aerial displays) , and I encourage them to hang out in my plant room. I'm a huge botany fan, and have wayyyy more plants than T's (hangs head in shame) so spiders in the plant shelves are really effective in keeping down potential plant pests. I've often wondered how a super hardy sling (maybe a rosea?) would do in my plant room? Several hundred pots full of moist substrate, probably plenty of food, humidity, temps ok. Hmmm. I can see it now; Brachy's with begonias, Haplopelmas and hostas, Citharischius and Cattleyas? obligate burrowers in the big pots, pokies in the tall plants. Of course, what would happen when I walked into the room holding a big container full of roaches? Might have to rethink this idea. :wall:

christin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't mind spiders, or any other creepy crawlies. Except ants, that's about the only thing that I will kill. In the last place I lived there was a beautiful white spider that lived in the upper corner of my shower for months. It's actually a little disturbing to me when I have to see someone squish the life out of some little bug.

Heather

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would say... just let it be. But since that wasn't an option.... I'd keep it forever.

Katronmaster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I say keep it. I'm actually keeping a little wolf spider to help me get over my fear of all non-tarantula spiders. She was one I caught indoors as well, ran right into the middle of the floor during an all-female meeting. After it endured that, I couldn't let it be smashed.

pinkfoot

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Any spids I find wandering about are left to do just that...wander about! {D

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
keep it

We have a rule in my house, enforced by me of course, if a spider isnt hurting you, don't hurt it, and let it be. Now, if it was a recluse then i would catch it and let it go far from the house. Otherwise, they are welcome to come in and wander around.