Adding a P.irminia to the Collection Today, tips?

LadyVonChimp

Arachnosquire
Post some pics of the setup, would be nice to see.
here it is :)

she webbed up a ton in the container she was in so I added some dry moss, plants and bark at the bottom of her new one so she could build herself a little den. I had read that even though they are arboreal, in captivity they like to make their little web tunnels quite low, so I fixed her water dish about an inch or two off the substrate. I’m guessing she’s staying high up right now and not webbing due to the stress of moving house, hopefully her set up looks to be suitable.

6CB371AB-260F-48A3-ABDC-FB6D4CD72584.jpeg 958919B9-8767-4D56-9BED-1141F4D36752.jpeg

Iamconstantlyhappy

Arachnoknight
Looks really good. In retrospect, I wish I would have made that set up with mine. I chose the cork tube route; as such, if I really want to look at her I would have to take the enclosure down and shine a light into the tube. I don't, because I don't want to disturb it. So I settle for seeing her feet curled around the top of the tube or sometimes in the early morning hours I find her out.........rare sight indeed.

Definitely one of the most beautiful ts in my opinion.

LadyVonChimp

Arachnosquire
Looks really good. In retrospect, I wish I would have made that set up with mine. I chose the cork tube route; as such, if I really want to look at her I would have to take the enclosure down and shine a light into the tube. I don't, because I don't want to disturb it. So I settle for seeing her feet curled around the top of the tube or sometimes in the early morning hours I find her out.........rare sight indeed.

Definitely one of the most beautiful ts in my opinion.
Thanks. I’m glad it looks ok, because it would be a nightmare to rearrange with her being so fast :rofl:

Yeah I very nearly went with the cork tube but figured this would be a bit better for visibility whilst making her feel secure still.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
here it is :)

she webbed up a ton in the container she was in so I added some dry moss, plants and bark at the bottom of her new one so she could build herself a little den. I had read that even though they are arboreal, in captivity they like to make their little web tunnels quite low, so I fixed her water dish about an inch or two off the substrate. I’m guessing she’s staying high up right now and not webbing due to the stress of moving house, hopefully her set up looks to be suitable.

View attachment 372557 View attachment 372558
Well done!

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
If you want to increase the chances of seeing them on a regular basis (I see my girl out every day unless she's in pre-moult) then give them plenty of low-mid level plant cover, especially around their hides. Speaking of hides, a wide bark piece or cork tube cut in half lengthwise leant intro a corner is better than a whole cork tube IMHO.

Most people stick them in a barren enclosure with a solitary cork tube sticking out of the sub and then wonder why they never see them.

LadyVonChimp

Arachnosquire
If you want to increase the chances of seeing them on a regular basis (I see my girl out every day unless she's in pre-moult) then give them plenty of low-mid level plant cover, especially around their hides. Speaking of hides, a wide bark piece or cork tube cut in half lengthwise leant intro a corner is better than a whole cork tube IMHO.

Most people stick them in a barren enclosure with a solitary cork tube sticking out of the sub and then wonder why they never see them.

Absolute stunner! Thanks for the tips.

Iamconstantlyhappy

Arachnoknight

I don't wonder why I don't see it. I know why. Maybe I will alter its enclosure on a rehouse. :)

8 legged

Arachnoprince

I just added a plant with large leaves. Thank you, sometimes you can't come up with the simplest ideas by yourself.