Actual Goliath bird eater size

DreadMan

Arachnosquire
This is kinda a dumb question, but what is the actual size of a golith birdeater? I see people say that they grow up to 11-12 inches, but the ones I see only grow up to 5 inches, even on the internet. Also, does anyone keep a 11 inch birdeater? I think that would be pretty cool to keep a giant like that :)

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
I think what they meant was the body length was 4 inches but it’s the legs that add length

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
Technically, a huntsman spider is 12 inches but it’s all leg length. That’s why some say up to 11 inches but others say 4

Liquifin

Arachnoking
This is kinda a dumb question, but what is the actual size of a golith birdeater? I see people say that they grow up to 11-12 inches, but the ones I see only grow up to 5 inches, even on the internet. Also, does anyone keep a 11 inch birdeater? I think that would be pretty cool to keep a giant like that :)
11''-12'' is quite on the large side, but 5''-7'' inches is about what you see for sale as most sold at those sizes are wild caught. So that probably explains why you mostly see 5''-7'' specimens for sale. I've seen too many people "over-stretch" molts just for that extra measurement which is so pretentious for the "Largest spider" as to what some people try to do.

If you have a 9'' Theraphosa without the overly-stretched DLS measurement, then you truly have a large spider already. I have yet to see a specimen that passes 9.5'' molt in leg span (not in DLS measurement), so seeing a 10'' specimen would be quite a view.

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
I would mit say he was chilled... but, yes, he reacted quite cool🤣
I would rather get stung by my 9 horrid kings at once than suffer a Poecilotheria bite. And I've been stung in the neck by a wheel bug.
Edit: I guess if you go in blind then it might be a bit more easy to suffer. Anyone that has Pokies knows you are gonna get horrendous cramps, pain, nausea, diarrhea, and the guilt of being careless will sting more than anything...

8 legged

Arachnoprince
I would rather get stung by my 9 horrid kings at once than suffer a Poecilotheria bite. And I've been stung in the neck by a wheel bug.
Edit: I guess if you go in blind then it might be a bit more easy to suffer. Anyone that has Pokies knows you are gonna get horrendous cramps, pain, nausea, diarrhea, and the guilt of being careless will sting more than anything...
By the way... he had a regalis and a ornata bite :rofl: ;):rofl:

Poonjab

Arachnoking

@2:43 he says cut the video, then rips a big fart. Symptom of P.ornata bite.

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon

@2:43 he says cut the video, then rips a big fart. Symptom of P.ornata bite.
If you don't skidmark your pants after being bit let us know. Levi's should sponsor this video.
"Been bit by a Pokie? We got you! Levi's skid control. Don't let them see the shame that we cover" Levi's "Let us cover your shame-us, look famous!"

Poonjab

Arachnoking
If you don't skidmark your pants after being bit let us know. Levi's should sponsor this video.
"Been bit by a Pokie? We got you! Levi's skid control. Don't let them see the shame that we cover" Levi's "Let us cover your shame-us, look famous!"
They got a fit for every skid mark.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Obviously fake

Not the video where he gets tagged :lol:
It's Tarantulaguy1978, I remember him.

Years ago when I knew nothing about tarantulas and had severe arachnophobia was on youboob looking at random stuff when his videos popped up out of nowhere.

I remember him and his T named zilla. Don't know why but had to watch. At that time I thought to myself 'what kind of nut keeps something like that?'.

Well....here I am now, who knew.

I would never free handle a T. blondi though.

goliathusdavid

Arachnobaron
This may seem like a stupid question, but I'm rather curious. Why are there so few Theraphosa blondii in the hobby? I know suppliers that have them, institutions that keep them, why so few hobby keepers? Again, apologies if these seems stupid it just doesn't make much sense to me especially considering that we have countless CITES species (both Appendix I and II) that are all over the place...