Acladocricus sp. Young!

SDCPs

Arachnolord
20160923_131437.jpg
Here's a photo of 24 Acladocricus sp, Philipine Blue/Grey millipede young! I was really worried about getting gen 2 of this species because I lost most of my adults in an unintended calamity and only 4 remained, 1 was female :( . Fortunately though the parents are still alive and I hav been able to put older siblings in breeding colonies. These 24 are available for sale on my website, and I've also sent a few out for trades for other species. Talk about back from the edge! Sigh of relief.

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awesome! Thanks for helping this species to become more common in the hobby!

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I just emailed you and then saw this - obviously most of my questions are answered! Talk soon - and how exciting for you!

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
Glad to hear you didn't lose them. You might be interested to know my babies are much younger. Those are the grand kids of the ones in the book.

SDCPs

Arachnolord
How old are these?
I'm not sure the age, at least a year I think. Obviously my biggest excitement was many months ago when I first found them. Been growing 'em out since then!

I agree, Orin. Spectacular book and species!

Munax

Arachnosquire
Never seen this sp. before. What's their max size and do they have any mites? My millie cage has predatory mites so it wouldn't really bother me if they did but is always nice to know just in case.

SDCPs

Arachnolord
Never seen this sp. before. What's their max size and do they have any mites? My millie cage has predatory mites so it wouldn't really bother me if they did but is always nice to know just in case.
I'd say 8 inches is about max size, but never had any at max size yet so not 100% on that. No mites! I use mite-be-gone :cool::p:rolleyes:

14 left.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
@SDCPs Just wanted to let you know - the Philippine Blues arrived as planned and are exploring their new home. All of them are active and beautiful! I was surprised to see hints of blue already. Just like last time I ordered from you, they were way bigger than I expected. Thank you for growing them out. I feel so much more confident to start with something more established. :happy:

SDCPs

Arachnolord
@SDCPs Just wanted to let you know - the Philippine Blues arrived as planned and are exploring their new home. All of them are active and beautiful! I was surprised to see hints of blue already. Just like last time I ordered from you, they were way bigger than I expected. Thank you for growing them out. I feel so much more confident to start with something more established. :happy:
That's quite a compliment, thank you Mickie! I totally agree on growing things out, especially since they are hardier at this size.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I'd say 8 inches is about max size, but never had any at max size yet so not 100% on that. No mites! I use mite-be-gone :cool::p:rolleyes:

14 left.
How do you use mite be gone? Do you put it on the pedes? Around the enclosure? I think I have predatory mites in my ivory enclosure. They are only in the soil and climb the walls; never on the pedes.

SDCPs

Arachnolord
How do you use mite be gone? Do you put it on the pedes? Around the enclosure? I think I have predatory mites in my ivory enclosure. They are only in the soil and climb the walls; never on the pedes.
Haha! :D It's a joke--there exists no such thing (that I know of at least). Yes, I've had predatory mites appear as well and they work wonders ;). I also keep the substrate lean which really helps with these sorts of things.