Suggestion account creation needed for pm

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
that would help to prevent stuff like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
The exact one, but different account I reported earlier today.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
that would help to prevent stuff like this.
Accounts are already required in order to start a conversation with another user. Unfortunately, sometimes they get around the software that we have in place to catch the spammers before their account gets created.

Screentshots have been removed from the posts in this thread.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for reporting it, it's always the best course of action when they do get through.

Regards,
MrD

Last edited by a moderator:

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
Accounts are already required to start a conversation with another user. Unfortunately, sometimes they get around the software that we have in place to catch the spammers before their account gets created.

Screentshots have been removed from the posts in this thread.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for reporting it, it's always the best course of action when they do get through.

Regards,
MrD
are screenshots against the rules or was it just because of the content of it?

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Oh, is this about a certain spammer(s) that sent rather inappropriate PMs yesterday? If so, I got one as well. I deleted it from my inbox and hit ignore.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
What if it was required to be an active member?
Then people who "lurk" would also no longer be able to send private messages and we don't want to force anyone to come out of the shadows ;) There is also the fact that some people come to the site and join to use the classifieds, not to post. Not allowing them to start conversations would prevent those users from conducting transactions (which is also something we don't want to do).