Accidently Killed my Tarantula.

RepugnantOoze

Arachnosquire
Was placing something on my T shelf and I dropped it and it knocked my A. Chalcodes sling down. Its smushed him and he didn't die right away but hes not moving anymore. Feeling terrible now. I won't put them as close to the edge of the shelf from now on. :'(

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Wow, that sucks big time! I've just been very lucky up until now when knocking a vial over or something like that.
Sorry for your loss!

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Was placing something on my T shelf and I dropped it and it knocked my A. Chalcodes sling down. Its smushed him and he didn't die right away but hes not moving anymore. Feeling terrible now. I won't put them as close to the edge of the shelf from now on. :'(
That is unfortunate. Do not beat yourself up about it. It is your intentions that count.

I dropped a container with a T. gigas sometime ago and it rolled across the room. I got lucky and found the T in the substrate. I beat myself up badly on it and overfed that T (it was early in my experience for the hobby). It is now twice the size of its sac mates.

Keep moving forward and enjoy your other T's and replace that one if needed to set your brain back on course.

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight
Sorry for your loss man. I'm glad you were able to find meaning out of this

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
I have the h gigas' in condiment containers. Since they are burrowers, I have them in longer ones than the rest. I was putting the top on one of them and the container buckled and nearly smashed the spider. Luckily, all turned out ok.

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I hate to admit it but I lost a mature female Pampho Platyomma(screeeeam!)
Ow that hurt! I had one of those tubs used for breeding larger spiders like 14"
deep and I saw the spider hanging upside down from the lid. I don't even know
how she climbed up that high. I just tapped the lid lightly(not thinking at all)
and she fell upside down of course on to her heavy duty water dish. She got
smooshed big time! Damdamdamdamn what I really said was worse. Guess
what? She didn't last long after that. There went that breeding project. :astonished: