accepting all answers

Metallicaman999

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
when i feed my emps i usually just drop them near the emps and they catch it, but im thinking of just buying 10 or so crickets and just dropping them all at once, that way they are their when their hungry, and they can possibly lay eggs and make a lingtime buffet saving 2$ a week. opinions?

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
first of all, the long time buffet won't ever happen. the baby crickets will die either from starvation or drowning in the water dish. Secondly dumping a a bunch of crickets in can stress your scorp and also invite mites when the crickets start to die off.

Metallicaman999

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
do you know the lifetime of crickets?

cuz it seems to be a pain when i find half of my bought crickets dead after 2 days

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
crickets live on average around 5 to 8 weeks give or take a couple days

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
crickets become adults at around 4 weeks so they definitely live longer that 2 weeks.

BadBikaDamo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

I use an old 30cm tank to keep my crickets or locusts in, bug grub, water(and sponge), letuce and cork bark for hiding in. A batch lasts for at least 4 weeks, by then, whatever the scorps aint eaten, the turtles sure will have.

Metallicaman999

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hmm well i guess i might just start a crick. farm, any good suggestions like a care sheet for cricket farms...

BadBikaDamo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hahahaha, there's bound to be one out there somwhere. To be honest, my scorps dont much care for crickets, thats why the turtles end up getting them. They only really go for locusts. anybody else find that?

Crono

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wait, if you only have a few emps, you really don't need to be breeding them. Just buy them or get more scorps :D

Edit: By them I mean Crickets.

Last edited:

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
. . . or get more scorps :D
I'd say this is your best option. When Lori and I buy crickets, it's a feast for the scorpions, tarantulas, and centipedes, and then there aren't any leftovers.