Acanthoscurria sp. poopfactory

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
Last night I had a very umm... interesting experience. My A. geniculata relieved herself on me. She took a dump, to be precise. She is a huge girl at 6" that I am just starting to learn to handle and even though she is skittish she appears to also be chill about it. She seemed pretty relaxed when she crawled over my chest (me on my back in bed) and guano'ed. I have heard of "defensive" defecation in other species but not in the geniculatas, the only trace of guano I usually see are dried up white spots in the substrate. This was more like bird dookie. The weirdest part was that it was cold. I have never been more excited about being shat on. Anyhow, that's enough shit for a Saturday morning. Cheers!

Last edited:

Paiige

Arachnobaron
I've never seen my A. genic drop a deuce but when we rehomed our Avic avic into a "grown up" enclosure (it was hubby's first Avic and he was in love with her, thought she was the sweetest little muffin), we were watching her explore and, in perfect timing, hubby asked her if she liked her new home and she turned around, bum facing him, and squirted a big ol' poop onto the glass which proceeded to dribble all the way to the bottom.
I don't think he had ever seen a T poop before.
He was speechless. :D

Not that I'm going to repeat your experiment to find out for myself...but it's very interesting that it was cold :coldfeet:

clive 82

Arachnoknight
Yay! just been shat on by an A genic! Oh **** there go my fingers!
Its probably lulling you into a false sense of security.

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
Hehe, true in general. But this one has always had a calm demeanor, she has never thrown a threat posture at me and hardly ever kicks hair. She is well fed and I take care making sure that she doesn't mistake my fingers for food. Besides - I'm prepared for getting bit at some point, it is only a matter of time. Now excuse me while I go get my B. auratum to poop on my other t-shirt.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I've been crapped on by my B. albopilosum and G. pulchripes (back when I actually handled my Tarantulas, got it out of my system and don't really feel the need to do it anymore), your genic sounds a lot like mine in regards to demeanour to be fair, I still wouldn't risk handling her if you paid me though, she's easily over 6" and has some big old gnashers on her lol.

As for the poop being cold, Tarantulas are Poikilotherms so it's to be expected as their internal temps will be much lower than ours.