Acanthoscurria musculosa

Dannica

Arachnosquire
I’ve recently came into contact with someone willing to sell me their 4.5 inch female Acanthoscurria musculosa, and I’m certainly considering it. Searching the forums have yielded little discussion, and much of it from 2004. Does anyone keep this particular species, and if so, are there any distinctions in care as compared to Acanthoscurria geniculata? Any info is much appreciated, thanks!

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Very cool species you don't see often. I would go for it if the price is reasonable.

You can keep it pretty much the same way you would A.geniculata. Moist sub, cork hide, water dish and your good to go.

Dannica

Arachnosquire
Since I rarely see them offered, I’m not sure a reasonable price. He’s asking $60, does that sound about right to you?

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Awesome, I’ll for sure be picking it up then. She will be my biggest in my small collection, so it should be fun. Off to the container store!
Post some pics of it when you do. The seller is trustworthy right?

Dannica

Arachnosquire
Post some pics of it when you do. The seller is trustworthy right?
I will indeed. As far as I’m aware, yes. I’ve seen multiple positive reviews throughout different groups, although I suppose there is still a risk. I’ve attached the photos he has sent below. For what it’s worth, I have no intentions of handling, despite his photos showing it.

Attachments

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
I will indeed. As far as I’m aware, yes. I’ve seen multiple positive reviews throughout different groups, although I suppose there is still a risk. I’ve attached the photos he has sent below. For what it’s worth, I have no intentions of handling, despite his photos showing it.
All good lol.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I would be all over that. If you pass, pm me who it is. I’ve wanted one. Nice Acanthoscurria.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Mine's only a juvenile but here goes.

Give it a decent amount of slightly moist substrate in case it wants to burrow (if mine is anything to go by then it will burrow), mine is extremely skittish, reclusive and photosensitive, it eats like a genic but doesn't grow anywhere near as fast, I think they max out at around 5"-6" but my memory's crap so don't quote me on that.

I hope so, may quell the thirst for a G.pulchra until they become more readily available (and also it won’t take nineteen years to grow an inch lol).
Just get a Pamphobeteus antinous instead, adult females look like G. pulchra on steroids :rofl:

Dannica

Arachnosquire
Mine's only a juvenile but here goes.

Give it a decent amount of slightly moist substrate in case it wants to burrow (if mine is anything to go by then it will burrow), mine is extremely skittish, reclusive and photosensitive, it eats like a genic but doesn't grow anywhere near as fast, I think they max out at around 5"-6" but my memory's crap so don't quote me on that.
I’ve got a container that’s about 5 Times DLS, and maybe 6 inches deep. Filled it with moistened cocofiber, but left the lid off tonight to let the top layer dry out a bit. Quite a large hide, and a water dish. Super basic, but hopefully I can adjust once I figure out behavior.

Just get a Pamphobeteus antinous instead, adult females look like G. pulchra on steroids :rofl:
That’s the plan! I actually just purchased two new T’s, and told myself I wasn’t going to get anymore for a bit, but when a T all but falls in your lap lol.

Alright, I picked up the little lady tonight! Here’s a few photos, the rehousing went super smoothly, she walked right into the catch cup, then right back out into her new enclosure, no flicking or jumpy movements at all. She’s now thoroughly examining every piece of cocofiber in her new hide, and gently poking around everywhere exploring.

Attachments

Jaromysfuneral

Arachnopeon
I’m a couple years behind I know but I recently got one and this is already one of my favorites personality wise. She built a huge burrow that travels about 2 feet in length, hits food like a truck. the only place I have seen slings for sale is pinchers and pokies so you did amazingly!

Last edited by a moderator: