Acanthoscurria juruenicola

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Who keeps this tarantula?

I was looking at pictures of these and am quite impressed. I think they have a body structure that is quite similar to that of the Citharischius crawshayi but with coloration closer to that of Lasiadora parahybana.

From the pictures that I was looking at, it looked to be larger or have more mass than the geniculata.

Any info on this would be great.

Thanks
Jon

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Uhm, that description sounds familiar to me...

When I was in the spidershop last friday, there was a small yellow-black spider. A Acanthoscurria something, forgot the name.
The colors you describe here don't match, but it is supposed to grow larger, and somewhat more 'muscled' than the Acanthoscurria Geniculata. Also the colors are going to get more yellow/creamy. Depending on the colors you're talking about, I have to say, it's not it, but it's body style could be it.

BTW, the little one they had there, around 1 cm, would cost me about 20 euro. Since I don't have much experience in raising spiderlings yet, I decided not to take a that expensive one as first :). (I took a 15 euro P. Platyomma, but that doesn't matter) But he told me that Acanthoscurria thingy was very rare in hobby...

Hope this has been a little help to you, but I doubt it :p

Ðennis

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Jon,
I have two of them, one is 6 1/2" and my other one is 1". I tell you they are truely amazing spiders. They do have a big body structure and some seriously big joints. They are very good eaters if you feed them like I do mine. They are aggressive but fun and very pretty after a fresh molt. My adult Tanji, she is like a black velvet with the orange-yellow markings on her legs and my little one is finally showing colors just like her except instead of black its brown with the stripes. You can't go wrong with one of these beauties:D

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks Greeneyes.

I put them on my list of t's that I still want to get. I think they are at the top of my list.

Jon