Acanthogonatus francki

Aviara

Arachnoknight
So I originally purchased this spider under the name of "tiger rump tarantula". It was a small sling, and I've never owned a Cyclosternum fasciatum before, so I figured they just looked different up to a certain size, slapped that label on his cage and have been assuming that's his identity. However, later doing more research revealed that he looks nothing like a C. fasciatum or any of the other tarantulas commonly called "tiger rump"s. Furthermore, he looked a lot like Acanthogonatus francki, a tarantula look-alike often sold under the name "tiger rump".

The picture doesn't do him justice since it was taken quickly on my phone. He's a very pretty guy - if anyone's interested I can grab my real camera and take some better pics.

So now that I have unveiled his identity, what are these guys like? In terms of venom, care, temperament, etc.? Any knowledge/experiences will be useful. This guy has a HUGE temper (part of the reason I began to suspect he wasn't a Cyclosternum), and a very healthy eater. Currently he lives on heavily webbed Eco Earth with a small ceramic pot, some fake leaves to hide under and a water dish. He is only around 2-2.5" DLS.

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
I own A. Pissi of these guys (I think have the most docile/least defensive of the genus).

Setup:
Dry with water dish and anchor points for webbing as they are heavy webbers. (Personally I believe they make the best webs in a semi arboreal setup).

Disposition of mine is slightly skittish its gave a threat pose/strike once or twice but generally pretty well mannered.
They are quick though sometimes very quick, more so on the web than off.

Good feeders.

I couldn't really get any solid information on venom potency I've read from a bee sting up to old world T potency. So I'm unsure.

Sadly mine molted into a MM the day I transfered it from shipping lol but he's still going strong about 8 months on which is good.