Acanthogonatus francki webbing?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I was so excited when I saw this tarantula for sale. I knew that they were extremely heavy webbers, so I happily bought the mature female without hesitation. I bought some grape vine and a larger-than-needed enclosure specifically to watch this beautiful specimen web until her heart was content.

Turns out her heart was already content, because she hasn't really done any real webbing. She seems happy and healthy - viciously eating, never in a curl, completely normal behavior outside of not webbing. Now, I'm not exactly worried, just somewhat disappointed. Is it common for this species to have no interest in creating web tunnels?

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
From what I understand they're pretty heavy webbers--it's probably just not 100% settled yet. Some of my heaviest webbers, like my AF C.cyaneopubescens, took quite a while to go all out with the webbing.

Also, not to nitpick, just setting the record straight, Acanthogonatus aren't Theraphosids, but Nemesiidae--still a mygalomorph though.

Last edited:

Medusa

Arachnoknight
Mine has every inch of the substrate covered...but it didn't happen overnight. How long have you had her?

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Belle, I keep seeing this being referred to as true spiders. Are they myglamorphs or trues lol?

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
Belle, I keep seeing this being referred to as true spiders. Are they myglamorphs or trues lol?
They're mygalomorphs, just not Theraphosids. Quite a few things that you might not think of as mygalomorphs are--Diplurids, Ctenizids.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah, I am aware of all the other myglamorphs I just keep reading things that go against each other lol. Thanks lol.