Acanthogonatus francki care tips?

agep4

Arachnopeon
So I have had a 2 inch Chilean Gold Dust offered to us, I know it’s a heavy Webber and isn’t technically a tarantula but does anyone have any tips with regard to the general set up and care needed? Also with regards to moulting, water and feeding?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
It's not that it's not technically a tarantula, it is not a tarantula ;) It's a Mygalomorph, sure, but so are funnel web spiders.

But I've had my girl for three years now. Amazing species to own. Give them plenty, and I mean plenty, of webbing anchor points. Mine never even attempted to burrow, so substrate isn't a big deal. Contrary to the care with tarantulas, this species will use large enclosures. My adult female uses all of her 20"x9" enclosure. Keep them predominantly dry with monthly "rainfalls". They make extensive use of water dishes, so make sure it's always full and clean. That's really about it. Very easy to keep in so far as spiders go. Just a heads up - they're very quick. Maybe not Sicarius quick, but fast nonetheless. I'd put their speed up there with most Asian terrestrial tarantulas.

Last edited:

Ran

Arachnoknight
I think these are Nemesiidae, of the infraorder Mygalomorphae. Keep just as EulersK stated. I have 4 females, very beautiful species.

agep4

Arachnopeon
Awesome :) since they aren’t tarantulas how do you go about sexing them? Is it the same as tarantulas?

Ran

Arachnoknight
Males are are much thinner, smaller just like male tarantulas.