Acanthogonatus francki care/tips?

Shudragon

Arachnopeon
Hey guys,

So I recently was trying to purchase a pumpkin patch but my breeder ran out and offered me a variety of other species to fill the order instead. I picked the "tiger rump" thinking it referred to D. fasciatus but instead turned out to be a francki!

Seems to be about a 2 inch subadult, and I threw her into the terrestrial enclosure I had prepared for the costa rican species, with a couple fake plants, water dish and half log hide. Is enclosure size and issue with these guys considering they are webbers? It is a large enclosure for her size at about 8x12x6 inches.

Any tips about these guys? Anybody own them currently?
Thanks.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Larger enclosures are fine. Just provide loads of anchor points. Their care is similar to that of D. fasciatus.

Even though fasciatus are fast, francki/pissi are like lightning in comparison.

I am not sure if it will utilise the hide but it certainly doesnt hurt to have one in there

Shudragon

Arachnopeon
Even though fasciatus are fast, francki/pissi are like lightning in comparison.
No joke, unboxing it almost scared me at how skittish it was. Still a beautiful spider. Gonna move some things around inside to make sure there are plenty of climbs/anchors for webs. Thanks!

Abbio

Arachnopeon
Hi there!
Im looking for some advice on these guys can you check out my thread pleaseeeee! Also if i could see any pictures of the adults with set ups that would be really cool.
thanks!

Ceid

Arachnopeon
Same happened to me. I thought I was buying a D.fasciatus but once I got home set up the enclosure I found out it’s actually a frankci! These things are as fast as lighting! Though I set up the enclosure as a terrestrial burrow, cuz that is what I was told, I’ll wait to see if it enjoys the current set up before I decide to change it

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Same happened to me. I thought I was buying a D.fasciatus but once I got home set up the enclosure I found out it’s actually a frankci! These things are as fast as lighting! Though I set up the enclosure as a terrestrial burrow, cuz that is what I was told, I’ll wait to see if it enjoys the current set up before I decide to change it
It is terrestrial but will web more than it burrows. Add lots of anchor points so that it can make suitable web hides