About to go pick up a puppy from a local breeder

cold blood

Staff member
A corgi is a wonderfully underrated family dog...active, intelligent, great with kids and fairly easy to train.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
One of the riding instructors at my stable has one, his name is Larry and he is absolutely lovely.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I'm actually looking forward to introducing him here. I'll probably create a new thread.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
BEWARE CORGI! They are a very popular breed in SE Asia and are assembly line cranked out by puppy mills. Most are extremely inbred with numerous genetic defects.

cold blood

Staff member
Is it? I thought corgis are pretty popular.
I suppose it depends where you live.

BEWARE CORGI! They are a very popular breed in SE Asia and are assembly line cranked out by puppy mills. Most are extremely inbred with numerous genetic defects.
Asias puppy mills are not relevant...op is in OHIO....pretty easy to find a good well bred dog of any kind here in the states with a little research.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Asias puppy mills are not relevant...op is in OHIO....pretty easy to find a good well bred dog of any kind here in the states with a little research.
Exactly. Do your homework. Don't take someone's word on it.
But don't discount Asia. The legal animal trade is booming with hundreds of routes to and from the US and Europe. And you can trust the certificates and breeders reports from here about as far as you can toss a Kenworth.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I pick up the little guy tomorrow, I already have a name for him. I will give him a formal introduction when I get him.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
He's here, now if only he would sit still for a picture as an introduction.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Oh God, is this a really living creature? Why is it so cute!
I said the exact same thing. I have my mother to thank for helping me find a breeder. It was either this one, a boxer, a pit, or a bully.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
A corgi is a wonderfully underrated family dog...active, intelligent, great with kids and fairly easy to train.
Bred as sheepdogs, I think, so it kind of makes sense. They weren't bred to be sitting toy dogs.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
The runt won't let me go to bed after sitting in the car for hours to go get him.

cold blood

Staff member
I said the exact same thing. I have my mother to thank for helping me find a breeder. It was either this one, a boxer, a pit, or a bully.
oh gawd...i could have went on for pages telling you how great boxers are. I used to say, too many great dogs, i will never own the same breed twice....im on my second boxer...
Bred as sheepdogs, I think, so it kind of makes sense. They weren't bred to be sitting toy dogs.
They were bred with those short legs so when cattle kick, their hooves go harmlessly above the dogs head.

Congrats on the new pooch...theyre great little dogs with lots of heart...i dont think they realize theyre not big.

Last edited:

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
oh gawd...i could have went on for pages telling you how great boxers are. I ysed to say, too many great dogs, i will never own the same breed twice....im on my second boxer...

They were bred with those short legs so when cattle kick, their hooves go harmlessly above the dogs head.

Congrats on the new pooch...theyre great little dogs with lots of heart...i dont think they realize theyre not big.
He is already barking at everything, he went tumbling down the yard trying to chase the chihuahua.

Minty

@londontarantulas
What a beautiful puppy. Please post many photos. Best decision you’ll ever make.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
What a beautiful puppy. Please post many photos. Best decision you’ll ever make.
I certainly will, he is from show lines. I am going to train him for agility and maybe conformation, haven't decided on that yet, contemplating rather or not to put him up for stud.