About to go pick up a puppy from a local breeder

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Finally got Romeo a harness that actually works. He escaped from $150 worth of harnesses and I had to wait 2 weeks longer to get this one in the mail because it got delayed somehow, but it was worth the wait. I had to dip into my hobby funds for all the harnesses I bought, which does make me sad, but it's for my little dog, so it's worth it.

20200730_145736.jpg

On another positive note, Romeo got his nails clipped, a bath, and a trim, so no groomers for a couple months.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Finally got Romeo a harness that actually works. He escaped from $150 worth of harnesses and I had to wait 2 weeks longer to get this one in the mail because it got delayed somehow, but it was worth the wait. I had to dip into my hobby funds for all the harnesses I bought, which does make me sad, but it's for my little dog, so it's worth it.

View attachment 354640

On another positive note, Romeo got his nails clipped, a bath, and a trim, so no groomers for a couple months.
Whilst young get him used to you trimming his nails. Will make things so much easier.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Never did post photos since upgrading from my peasant galaxy s9+ (yes I am trying to troll galaxy/android loyalists) to the elegance of the iPhone, so here are some Romeo pictures.

4FB2CA90-9F13-485B-AC20-E16345238297.jpeg 803FF94A-BB74-4EE3-925E-32B9357A353E.jpeg 703C3FFF-1218-4813-B2B7-A5DBDB1006EF.jpeg B71BB5CD-D15F-419A-AE34-E66F91209817.jpeg

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
My mother had a Corgi in China. After a few trips through the local market she had a basket made the critter carried in it's mouth. A few months of the routine she was able to give the animal the basket and tell it to 'Go Shopping'. It went off to the market, stopping in the usual food stalls, the vendors reading the list in the basket and adding things, Locals took to encouraging the dog on the trip back home where it had trouble keeping the loaded basket off the ground. It would set the basket down and take breaks along the way.

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
My mother had a Corgi in China. After a few trips through the local market she had a basket made the critter carried in it's mouth. A few months of the routine she was able to give the animal the basket and tell it to 'Go Shopping'. It went off to the market, stopping in the usual food stalls, the vendors reading the list in the basket and adding things, Locals took to encouraging the dog on the trip back home where it had trouble keeping the loaded basket off the ground. It would set the basket down and take breaks along the way.
First dog I had was a Siberian Husky. I was 9 when we got him. Everyday he walked me to school and also picked me up again later. We hung my weekly plan where he could see it so he knew when to get me. He even used traffic stops, pushing the light signals etc and people appreciated that he always tipped his fedora when passing by.
Everybody loved him. He died in 1953 after being infected with Covid-19. There is now a small statue of him in my hometown at the one traffic stop we'd cross every day (video).

I miss him. But I have my little boy now, who is a descendant of Hitler's Blondie.

brachysaurus

Arachnopeon
What a cute little guy! Truly where does the time go. :bigtears:

A relative of mine has two, they're so cute. Herding dogs are my personal favorite group as well so there's definitely bias. :lol:

jenniferinny

Arachnoknight
Eh, I love corgis. I had a dachshund/corgi mix who was a pretty great little stinker. Never sick a day in his life, dropped dead suddenly age 17. Earlier that day he was still bounding around like a puppy. Nobody could ever believe his age, people guessed him at 8, I always had to go grab my vet records from his first appointment for them to believe me.. lol

We had to switch vets when we moved, my vet thought I was lying about his age, but, his original vet records had his microchip number on them. He was practically a celebrity, our vet office has like 6 vets who work out of it, everybody there that day got called in to guess his age. He still even had all his teeth.

I used to think it was just because I was such a great dog person.. lol but, my current dog is only 5 and I've used the same food and everything and she already has loose teeth, so, nope, I suck, he just had amazing genetics.