About to be rid of the itch!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Next week, I will be shipping off my final days of itching! I just can not handle the itch from this LP. It's horrible. I can't even enjoy feeding time with it!

So, in its place will be a 5" female H. albostriatum. I will also be adding a small juvenile P. muticus to the critter closet, too.

I am pretty excited about these two. More so the P. muticus. But, in the past I was looking at the H. albostriatum and went with the E. murinus due to not wanting to keep Haplos at the time.

I have already read care sheets for both and believe I know their husbandry. But any thoughts/advice/opinions are welcome since I have never kept either of these species.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
For the "Haplo", lot´s of moist substrate, some cork bark and a water dish. Same goes for the P. muticus, just with drier substrate.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was wrong about the female H. albostriatums size. She is 3", not 5".

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
For the "Haplo", lot´s of moist substrate, some cork bark and a water dish. Same goes for the P. muticus, just with drier substrate.
This is how I was planning to do them. The added confirmation is a little more comforting to know that I as reading the right information.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
You better put some photos of that H. albostriatum up once you get it! They are an incredibly beautiful spider. I haven't kept either of these but they're both on my wish list.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You better put some photos of that H. albostriatum up once you get it! They are an incredibly beautiful spider. I haven't kept either of these but they're both on my wish list.
I'll be sure to put them up as soon as I get them! We are shipping out on Monday. So it'll be Wednesday next week.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
The Italian will be thrilled with your new additions, won't you @Chris LXXIX ? :p
He will also be able to give care advice for the Queen ;)

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Lol just got a 5" lp girl on Friday. Eats like crazy. Not as docile as I had been led to believe---she smacks the ground and gets in a defensive posture every time I have the lid off. Great looking spider and I survived a stirmi hairing so I should b ok lol. Hope the new ones work out better

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I recently got rid of my Lp, too - but only because he molted out as a mature male. I swapped him for another spider (yet to be determined) so he'd have a chance to mate. I kind of regret parting with him just because he was such a beautiful spider and had a pretty good disposition. I never had any problems with hairs from him - unlike my GBBs! Those dang things kick hairs if you even look at them funny!

Walker253

Arachnobaron
Ahhh, the "Queen". You'll love it, hopefully a her. Those thick legs, that willingness to go 12 rounds with you, what else could you want? I like mine so much, I'm thinking about adding another.
On my LP, I guess I'm lucky. She's not really a hair kicker. No bald spot on her. She scoots away when I'm near, but keeps those hairs to herself thankfully. She's the most active T I own.
My T. okerti's are your LP

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lol just got a 5" lp girl on Friday. Eats like crazy. Not as docile as I had been led to believe---she smacks the ground and gets in a defensive posture every time I have the lid off. Great looking spider and I survived a stirmi hairing so I should b ok lol. Hope the new ones work out better
This one is a crazy eater to. I love the species. I just can not stand the itch of a NW T. My previous LP, she was the ideal T. I could do anything with her. She was perfect. Never flicked hairs and I wasn't bothered by them at the time either. Not at first. Now, I can't stand it. I can't mess with any NW. Grammys are really the only ones that didn't bother me back when I got out of the hobby. But, the issue with that, I prefer OW and arboreal.

Best of luck with your critter. Maybe after a molt or two your LP will calm down. It's been known to happen.

I recently got rid of my Lp, too - but only because he molted out as a mature male. I swapped him for another spider (yet to be determined) so he'd have a chance to mate. I kind of regret parting with him just because he was such a beautiful spider and had a pretty good disposition. I never had any problems with hairs from him - unlike my GBBs! Those dang things kick hairs if you even look at them funny!
I hate hearing that about the GBB. Their extreme webbing makes me want them. But I am holding strong on not getting them right now. I think if I got an adult female or two and put them in their permanat enclosure I could deal with them. I almost would suffer with them. But I ain't taking that leap yet.

Ahhh, the "Queen". You'll love it, hopefully a her. Those thick legs, that willingness to go 12 rounds with you, what else could you want? I like mine so much, I'm thinking about adding another.
On my LP, I guess I'm lucky. She's not really a hair kicker. No bald spot on her. She scoots away when I'm near, but keeps those hairs to herself thankfully. She's the most active T I own.
My T. okerti's are your LP
I am hoping (she)/it's feisty. I say (she) because my male ratio in my collection is not looking good. I believe my P. pulcher and cambridgei are both males! My irminia is the only one I can't tell with yet. So, my luck is not doing so well. Out of three darlingi, I am hoping for at least one female! Lol

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Alright. I got pictures of my near future devil spawns. These are not mine, these are what the sender took of them to send me.

The first two pictures are of the P. muticus. Last one is of the H. albostriatum. Both of them are stunning! Shipping day is tomorrow!

IMG_0784.JPG IMG_0785.JPG IMG_0788.JPG

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I bought mine as sexed female, so she was adult, basically (I refused a sling or a juvenile because I wanted to avoid to wait forever and then % to end with a male).

IMO the care is very easy. Lots and lots of substrate (as others said) I keep her substrate bone dry (but she's adult, after all). I offered a cork bark and a starter burrow, and she accepted that... for being a P.muticus my baby is on a "good" visibility level :)

A thing that I've noticed is that they are great drinkers, that's why I offered a water dish more bigger than the general size I use for others. Every 20 days with a pipette I drop a bit of room temperature water (but not so much) near the burrow.

Long live the Goddess :kiss: