About Pokie rehome and webbing on her house

ExoticLover

Arachnopeon
Hi guys, I got a gooty sapphire tarantula female size around 5inc, I just bought her about 1 week and rehome her for couple of days. Until now she didn't build any Web, and she keep on hanging around of the tank corner...

So any advice on it? And I just bought a new exo terra primate skull hope she will build web and stay inside..

cold blood

Staff member
They web when molting or dropping egg sacs, aside from that pokies arent big webbers generally.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
She is more likely to dig into her substrate - probably in a sheltered spot like at the back of the tank or in a corner - then build a "dirt curtain" that she can hide behind. For all that pokies are arboreal spiders, they seem to spend a lot of time at (or below) ground level - at least in captivity. They don't seem to be heavy webbers, aside from the webbing needed to hold the dirt curtain together.

ExoticLover

Arachnopeon
Not exactly an ideal enclosure for a 5in p. Metallica
Noted. Cos when I bought her that time she was on a rounded container.. So I buy this plastic aquarium tank for her just for time being.. Cos I'm looking to get a exo terra nano tall enclosure soon. Is size 20x20x30cm good enough??

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Noted. Cos when I bought her that time she was on a rounded container.. So I buy this plastic aquarium tank for her just for time being.. Cos I'm looking to get a exo terra nano tall enclosure soon. Is size 20x20x30cm good enough??
Those will work and will do great for your P. metallica. Some members on here use those enclosures just fine and maybe they may help as well.

hunterc

Arachnopeon
I prefer and use the nanos personally...but it really needs a vertical hide like a nice round of corkbark and i like to add some fake plants to mine as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

ExoticLover

Arachnopeon
So is 20x20x30cm too small or just nice?

Do my female P. Metallica look fat enough?? Cos last week on Thursday ido feed 1 cricket and 1 super worm till now haven't eat. Last night I throw 1 cricket in he not eating keep running on the side tank..

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

boina

Lady of the mites
Your P. metallica looks fine. She's pretty fat, so she doesn't need to eat right now. She does, however, need a suitable enclosure. The 20x20x30cm is fine. I don't have metallica at the moment, but I do have subfusca highlands which are about the same size and I keep mine in 20x20x40. Poecilotheria do need some height and they do need some upright cork bark to hang out on and make a web behind. the skull on the ground is completely useless. Of the dozen or so Poecilotheria I have at the moment not a single one ever lived on the ground once they outgrew the sling/juvenile stage and mine don't make dirt curtains but build their web tubes higher up.

ExoticLover

Arachnopeon
I just place the skull on top the coconut peak substrate

Finally she when into the skull now...
To a members here don't need to guve sad emo in it.. This is just temporary for the setup, she just with me for 1 week. Now planning to get a exo terra tank..

PGRVII

Arachnosquire
I have my girl in an exoterra and while my experience is limited with the hobby and her in general, I have found she definitely likes being in the top of her cork tube tree I built her. And it would help to add some fake/live plants to the enclosure too for extra cover. Nice looking P.metallica you have there!😊
I personally love the exo terras. Mine is a 12x12x24 inch and works really well. I did the plexi.mod to the top and it was ready to go! I like the option of working from the top or the front pending the chore,and the exo terras provide that. Again,this is from a newer keeper and my exp.is limited with them for tarantulas.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So I don't need to worry about this webbing issuse??
It's not an "issue" :rolleyes:

So is 20x20x30cm too small or just nice?

Do my female P. Metallica look fat enough?? Cos last week on Thursday ido feed 1 cricket and 1 super worm till now haven't eat. Last night I throw 1 cricket in he not eating keep running on the side tank..

Healthy looking- the container not healthy looking it's -- Too small, too sparse too. Poki's really like cork bark tubes.

ExoticLover

Arachnopeon
It's not an "issue" :rolleyes:

so can i know what the issuse?

Healthy looking- the container not healthy looking it's -- Too small, too sparse too. Poki's really like cork bark tubes.
any suggestion? they dont like cork bark then what will they like?