About My Brazilian Black

After3Days

Arachnosquire
Hi Guys. Would like to ask if my brazilian black is on intermolt-premolt stage? Thanks in advance guys. Regards, vic/after3days.

bholmes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nope, not in premolt yet. The bald spot will turn black when it is about to molt.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
OP, How long has it been since it's last molt?

The dark spot, along with somewhat of an accompanying shine is often referred to a "heavy premolt". T's are often in earlier stages of premolt well before this happens. Also, as pointed out recently by another keeper, they can molt fairly abruptly before the latter condition ever shows- or it could show for a short period of time but is missed by the keeper. I don't see this happen very often with larger t's but have encountered this situation several times with slings. My largest B boehmei at 5.5"+ still has a very "precocial" molting period and is also ready to eat much quicker than my other larger indivs afterward. :)

After3Days

Arachnosquire
I bought the T a month ago, and fed her everyday (2-3pcs. adult lobster roach or a pc of adult dubia). And shes stop eating almost 5-6days, & start kicking hairs & spinning web. Before even i handle the T, shes never flick hairs, just now.

Intermolt maybe?

Thanks for the replies guys. Thanks, Best Regards, Vic.

mercury904

Arachnopeon
kabayan hehehe! maybe she had enough,the whole abdomen should turn black before it molts

After3Days

Arachnosquire
kabayan hehehe! maybe she had enough,the whole abdomen should turn black before it molts

Uy never thought madami pala tayo dito sa site na to. :D, I fed her 1 month straight w/varied diets w/out refusing bro. Ngayun lang & bigla nag kabald spot & stop eating, that is why naisip ko na baka intermolt or premolt na. :D

mercury904

Arachnopeon
Uy never thought madami pala tayo dito sa site na to. :D, I fed her 1 month straight w/varied diets w/out refusing bro. Ngayun lang & bigla nag kabald spot & stop eating, that is why naisip ko na baka intermolt or premolt na. :D
oo madami tayo dito,luge sila sa climate advantage natin eh hehehe san mo nabili pare?

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nope, not in premolt yet. The bald spot will turn black when it is about to molt.
Actually the premolt (apolysis) starts before they become dark so yes, the Grammostla pulchra in the picture can be in an early stage of premolt.

After3Days

Arachnosquire
Actually the premolt (apolysis) starts before they become dark so yes, the Grammostla pulchra in the picture can be in an early stage of premolt.

Thanks Bro. How long will it take, intermolt to premolt, until it molt? Just stop eating 7days almost. Best Regards, Vic.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks Bro. How long will it take, intermolt to premolt, until it molt? Just stop eating 7days almost. Best Regards, Vic.
When the abdomen starts to turn dark it can take 2-4 weeks, depends on size

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ow ok bro. The T is about 4-4.5 inch's now. :D
I would guess atleast a month if she isnt dark yet. I had a 7" female that was in premolt for months. You will probably see that she will become more and more inactive.

After3Days

Arachnosquire
I would guess atleast a month if she isnt dark yet. I had a 7" female that was in premolt for months. You will probably see that she will become more and more inactive.

Ow yes. She's not active, unlike before she keep on patrolling. Thanks for the advices bro. Best Regards, ;p

After3Days

Arachnosquire
An updated pic. just today (11-12-2010)

Updated pic. just today (12-11-2010)

I think premolt already. Pls. check, thanks. Best regards, Vic.

Macro shot:

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Vic, although light and angles are a bit tricky, it appears to look good from what I can see in this shot for latter stages of premolt- hoping so for yourself and the t, anyway. :)

After3Days

Arachnosquire
Vic, although light and angles are a bit tricky, it appears to look good from what I can see in this shot for latter stages of premolt- hoping so for yourself and the t, anyway. :)

Yes bro. :D and i hope she can make it. lol....

Thanks, Vic.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Vic, I'm sure you're familiar with the old saying "a watched pot never boils". Just make sure there is plenty of water in the waterbowl, leave her in peace, and your part is done. Everything should come out just fine.

Have a great evening. :)

T

After3Days

Arachnosquire
Vic, I'm sure you're familiar with the old saying "a watched pot never boils". Just make sure there is plenty of water in the waterbowl, leave her in peace, and your part is done. Everything should come out just fine.

Have a great evening. :)

T

Yes Terry. though, i also want to see her molting. ;) I really enjoy their wonders. :D

Have a good day ahead. Best Regards, Vic.