about mating of immature widows

revilo

Arachnoknight
so that nobody is disappointed about offtopic in another thread...:D:cool:

thanks a lot for your research widowman !
this was a very interessting information, especially because it transverse the mentioned evolution sense of smaller men in spiders (for greater mating success) !
that the widowmen break through the exoskelett is just amazing and btw it reflects what i was intended in - that epigyne is not open in this stage...

but i'm a little bit sad about all the :D and ;) - is this necessary ?
i was simply asking, nothing more or less. i think this is allowed, isn't it ?

regards, oli

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
nah, i was just happy i finally found it! :D and these are my favorite smilies ;)

it is quite interesting. i haven't really found this in other species (course, it took forever to find the info about the species i WAS looking for) though.

it's pretty fascinating, but very clever on the part of the male widow trying to pass on his genes!

here is the link if anyone is interested in the info and other links contained therein.

it's a pretty sweet tactic to use, especially with those widows where the female will consume the male quite often. then, rare males can be used with more than just one female.

also, the sub-adult female acts like a mature female just before the molt, which is the weirdest part.

here's what i wonder. is the near-molt sub-adult female giving off the same pheromones as a mature female?

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, I wonder how many spiders actually do this. Might just be this genus but that is pretty cool.