about latex gloves?

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
when moving my pinktoes and the rosey i usually use somthing to guide them into the deli cup or etc.in some cases i use my hands only in some cases. my mom has these latex gloves i was wondering will my t's attack the latex or is this ok to use when transporting my t's this may seem like a stupid question for some but i dont want to hurt my t's or me so im askin any input is much appricated,also i hold one of my pinktoes would it be possible to hold her with the latex glove i get bad itching!

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
IMO it should be safe, just be gentle, chances are, you wont be able to feel the t, so dont squeeze too hard or anything.

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
ohh i know i was jus worrying that they may think it may be prey i heard they can since hands aka human so i thought if i reached my hand in with the latex they would strike at it since my rosie is very definsive/aggresive. with my other specie use diff methods up till about a month ago my h.lividum was a nice girl now she is a blue beast from hell,havent had to move her yet since then.I also got me an asian black recently they both should be fun moving when i have to=)-jason

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
The only thing I can add to this, is that the latex gloves won't be as delicate as you might be with your hands. Also, they won't really protect you from bites at all.

Bill

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You meen the ones that women (should I say people?) use in the kitchen, or the thin ones that are used for example by docs??
I use a pair of the first ones cause I had a really bad experience with a caterpillar a long time ago and I don't want to test spider hair on my skin.....

Ravnos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I use latex gloves when cleaning out cages... just to protect myself from stray hairs that -always- seem to find my fingers, but I don't use them for handling. I like having all the sensation I can get with such a delicate procedure. :)

Rav

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
the ones the doc uses the thin latex gloves