About Ephebopus spp.

TheDarkness

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have two doubts about E. spp.

1st : A new sp. will be described??
I read this:
A new Ephebopus spp. will be described soon(pers. message R.West). Maybe a whole
revision from the genus Ephebopus. Maybe after the revision Ephebopus is no longer subfamily Aviculariinae?!. We will see...
in this site: http://www.ephebopus.com/pixenglish.html

2nd: The E. fossor are available in the hobby??
I found this page: http://www.exotic-animals.org/pajki/opis_vrst/nove_vrste_9/ephebopus_fossor/index01.htm
but I think the sp. in the photo is a spiderling of E. rufescens...

Thanks

Sleepwalkah

Arachnopeon
Hi,

longtime E.rufescens was sold as E.fossor - there are doubts if E.fossor really exists or if it's just another name of E.rufescens...

Greetz
Joscha

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello TheDarkness!

By "new species" is meant the one which is presumed to be described for last 2 years at least... if I remeber correct it's name should be "foliatus" or so...
But still not described...
As for the E. fossor - untill the revision of this genus has been made, it is still remains the valid taxon, described by Pocock at 1903 from Equador.

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello Joscha,

Hi,
longtime E.rufescens was sold as E.fossor - there are doubts if E.fossor really exists or if it's just another name of E.rufescens...
I'm afraid You're not correct saying the above quoted...
It is really another question - does that E. rufescens is the valid name of the species described in 2000 or it is should be considered a junior synonym of E. fossor, than... if following Your logic...

Sleepwalkah

Arachnopeon
Hey Mikhail,

I just took this information from the ARACHNE 11/6 (the magazine of the DeArGe (German Tarantula Society)).

Greetz
Joscha

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I see, no problem, but I suppose ISZN told us the opposite according to the rule of the name preference...