About Breeding Tips and Temperature

aLDoDarK

Arachnoknight
Hi Guys,
I've a question regarding a good temperature for breeding new world terrestrial tarantula.
My Tarantula room has a constant temperature between 68-74, do you guys think that it's pretty good temperature for breeding tarantula or should I raised the temperature a little bit?
And if you guys have a tips for breeding a tarantula please let me know especially on taking care the mated female before laid sac because currently I've some females that already mated for a few months but still no sign that they're going to laid a sac
Thanks guys! Have a good day

prairiepanda

Arachnoknight
If you check the breeding reports section, you'll find temperature and humidity data for specific species. It's largely experimental, but if it worked for somebody else it might work for you too!

As for your females after mating, the first thing to consider is whether you actually saw any good insertions during mating. Many people pair up their males and females several times in a short time frame to make sure that there are good insertions. No sperm, no sac. If you know your girl has some sperm to work with, then she'll need lots of food for egg production. Some people have had luck lowering the temperature for a few weeks after mating to simulate a winter season, then raising the temperature again to induce egg laying.

When you figure out a plan that works, share it in the breeding reports so others can try!

aLDoDarK

Arachnoknight
If you check the breeding reports section, you'll find temperature and humidity data for specific species. It's largely experimental, but if it worked for somebody else it might work for you too!

As for your females after mating, the first thing to consider is whether you actually saw any good insertions during mating. Many people pair up their males and females several times in a short time frame to make sure that there are good insertions. No sperm, no sac. If you know your girl has some sperm to work with, then she'll need lots of food for egg production. Some people have had luck lowering the temperature for a few weeks after mating to simulate a winter season, then raising the temperature again to induce egg laying.

When you figure out a plan that works, share it in the breeding reports so others can try!
Thanks for the advice man! Really appreciate it! :)