aboreal

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are aboreal species venom ( the more potent ones like pokies) more potent because they are aboreal so the food they have can get away by flight so they need it to work faster than say a terresterials?....I want to answer my own question and say yes..but i know some very potent vemon from the haplo family is very fast acting also so....so am i correct about why their venom is so potent or is there another reason behind it?

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I don't think arboreal has anything to do with it. Pokies and haplos are both Old World tarantulas, which do not have urticating hairs like the New Worlders, and so the ONLY thing they have to defend themselves with is their venom. So it has to be some good venom.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm pretty sure there has to be a reason why OW Ts have more potent venom then NW Ts. I mean obviously it's because NW Ts have a second line of defense,Uriticating hairs, and OW Ts don't but why did they develop like that? Being arboreal really has nothing to do with it. I would say all OW Ts have more potent venom then all NW Ts.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm pretty sure there has to be a reason why OW Ts have more potent venom then NW Ts. I mean obviously it's because NW Ts have a second line of defense,Uriticating hairs, and OW Ts don't but why did they develop like that? Being arboreal really has nothing to do with it. I would say all OW Ts have more potent venom then all NW Ts.
Duh, line of defense..thats right...thanks