aboreal T's?

Hairyspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I woulde like to purchase one or two more aboreal t's, but not sure which ones are good for beginners. I currently have an A. versicolor. Can some one give some suggestions. Also ones that don't get very big.

Thanks

William

DiStUrBeD-OnE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i love my A. Urticans, Awesome coloring, and it webs like crazy..
Dont know how big they get.. never really looked it up..

Ian

Poecilotheria

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sri-Lanken Ornamentals (Poecilotheria fasciata) get only about 5 1/2-6in. Not too big, and I hear they aren't too bad for a pokie. Just watch put for P. ornata, rufilata, pederseni(I heard the males are skittish like P. ornata and rufilata) don't know if the females are that way. Also Psalmopoeus, irmina (Suntiger)to 5 1/2-6in. or cambridgei (Trinidad Chevron) to 7in.
Steve

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Poecilotheria
Sri-Lanken Ornamentals (Poecilotheria fasciata) get only about 5 1/2-6in. Not too big, and I hear they aren't too bad for a pokie. Just watch put for P. ornata, rufilata, pederseni(I heard the males are skittish like P. ornata and rufilata) don't know if the females are that way. Also Psalmopoeus, irmina (Suntiger)to 5 1/2-6in. or cambridgei (Trinidad Chevron) to 7in.
Steve
For a beginner? I think not.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Avicularia avicularia is such an underrated tarantula.

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
yeah my avic avic female is so gorgeous but she is strangly mean as hell i dont understand im more afraid of her then titus my lividum,i dont really want to change her enclosure but time is drawing close im puttin it off till i def have too,jason

Attachments

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by DiStUrBeD-OnE
i love my A. Urticans, Awesome coloring, and it webs like crazy..
Dont know how big they get.. never really looked it up..

Ian
A. urticans is one of the larger Avic's, they can get up to 6". But they are beautiful and doscile.

I'd say any of the Avic's are good for beginners. The only worry is that they can be fast when they get spooked.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yea, definitely any of the avics or a trinidad chevron. Then once you have some experience get a Heteroscodra maculata!

-Olan

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How come when people recommend african species they fail to mention the semi-potent venom?

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yea, I should have mentioned that. I dont even think about it anymore though. I have never been bitten by one of my tarantulas or stung by one of my scorpions. But still, the possibly more potent venom should be known of.

-Olan