Aboreal Tarantula

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Hey Rob, I had the same idea just the other day! Just didn't know if the plastic was thick enough for the vents that you can pick up off of tarantulacages. I think this plastic is like 1/8" thick, but not too sure... Would it still work?

Bengal21

Arachnopeon
I used containers similar to these to build a home for my Emerald Tree Boa. I guess it's similar but I put ventilation holes in mine by heating a nail up on the stove burner. When it was silly hot, I grabbed it with some pliers and pressed it through. It melts the plastic and doesn't leave any burs behind, plus doesn't leave a chance to crack the plastic. This way works as well.

baltazar

Arachnopeon
i have a zoo med naturalistic cage and it work really good with larger tree dweling tarantulas :):clap:

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have slings that will be growing big, so their cages are 99cent store deli containers in 4-6packs. they're flexible, pretty clear and just cheap. i'll takes pics one of these days.

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Well, these are a little more expensive than most containers are per say. But man are they HIGH QUALITY!!! And in the end, that's what it's all about IMO. Don't get me wrong, deli containers work fairly well and I use a few as well, just not into them really. They do make great catch cups though :D

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When i get the chance, i will be making my own homes, but the cups are great for the amount of room i don't have. besides, if i mess something up, i can go get more.