Aboreal L.parahybana

schlinkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Umm.. my parahybana has just made a webretreat up in one of the corners of its tank.. something i missed? :?

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sometimes mine likes to climb and it once made a web retreat in the corner as well. But, the next day it was destroyed and it became terrestrial again.

schlinkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
she/he's a climber alright.. i wonder if it's gonna molt up there ;) might be fun to watch

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine made a little hammock before it molted. For the life of me, I can't remember if it molted in it or not though. Now it is a burrower. My other one just stays on top of the substrate... diehard terrestrial.

Botar

schlinkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
now i know why.. millions of pinheads.. :p how do i raise em a bit bigger? wanna use em as food for the slings. an' of course ill change the substrate first thing in the morning ;)

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Give them water via the water crystals... they'll drown easily in any water dish when they are that small. If you don't have water crystals, give them a slice of apple, potato, or cucumber, and they can get their water from that. For food, anything from dry dog food or cat food to unmedicated chicken mash to actual "cricket food"... although I wouldn't purchase food since they'll eat most anything. They'll grow fairly quickly, but you can speed things up a bit more if you keep them warmer. Good ventilation is necessary to keep mortality low. You can put them on a thin layer of any dry substrate that is suitable for T's.

Botar

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good point. I also have some acquatic turtle food left over from a previous pet that they seem quite fond of as well.

Botar