aboreal feeding question

Roger

Arachnopeon
while the spider is in its hammock, does feeding occur on the floor of the cage or does it wait for prey to come to it? in other words, does the spider wait during the day and hunt by night or hust sit there and wait from some cricket to make its way into his area?

dumb question i know but hey.....

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It all depends on the species and the individual. i have some arboreals that will go onto the ground and make their kill and i have some that wait till teh night time and hunt and some that will only eat if the food is given directly to them.

Roger

Arachnopeon
what about the baboon species? any info on their aboreal behavior? (even though they are mainly terrestrial, they do have aboreal tendencies...)

dilleo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
some of my avics come down to feed, some won't come down and I have to feed them. wierd.

-Jeremy

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My Usumbara baboon lives in a hammock and comes down to feed whenever it is hungry and just climbs back up with its prey. My Togo Starburst Baboon is always on the ground.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi,
My A. avic leaves his/her hammock, to grab the cricks. It stalks, and then pounces on the crick. It then drags the hapless thing to its hammock, to be eaten..("help me! help me! nooooooooooo!) Seriously, I watched one night, as I was curious.
Peace,
Gillian
)o(

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My A. avic. just sits there until something gets close enough, or if I drop one directly into its web. As a matter of fact, before it made its funnel web (which was about 3 or 4 days ago) it wasn't wating very much at all. It seems she was far too lazy to waste the energy to find her food.

N.