Abdomen rupture (G. rosea)

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
So this very horrible thing just happened
To make the long story short: My G. rosea fell over 1.5m (over 5 feet) from the top of a wardrobe into her enclosure as she climbed there when i tried to get her off of the wall of her enclosure (to prevent a fall ironicaly)
She has a small rupture near her leg joint (picture)

What should i do? Any way i can save her? Super glue? Corn starch?

Attachments

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
If it'still not leaking fluid, and it doesn'tlook like it is, I'd just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn'the get worse. If it is leaking, depending on how bad, super glue can fix it. I wouldn'the use corn starch. Either way, good luck to you and I hope it comes out ok.

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
If it'still not leaking fluid, and it doesn'tlook like it is, I'd just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn'the get worse. If it is leaking, depending on how bad, super glue can fix it. I wouldn'the use corn starch. Either way, good luck to you and I hope it comes out ok.
Hmm after further investigating it looks like her abdomen is ok but the leg "valve" is ruptured and leaking a bit

I'm just worried about internal damage as the fall was really bad

And thank you very much! This is my first T from 7 years or so ago so i'd hate to lose her :/

Attachments

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I'm sorry man. I'm not sure if, thanks to my English, I'm able to full understand how that happened. I mean, the enclosure was on a wardrobe and crumbled to the floor, basically?

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
I'm sorry man. I'm not sure if, thanks to my English, I'm able to full understand how that happened. I mean, the enclosure was on a wardrobe and crumbled to the floor, basically?
No no it's way wierder
The enclosure is next to the wardrobe and she was climbing on the side of that said enclosure. I tried to coax her down with a cup and she ran upwards to the top of the wardrobe and then fell back, over 5 feet, into the enclosure
And your english is great chris what are you on about

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
She crawled out during maintenance or something?
If the rupture is at the base of the leg, she will take care of it herself, they have valves to close up when the leg is damaged. If the leg is damaged, she will take it off herself.

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
She crawled out during maintenance or something?
If the rupture is at the base of the leg, she will take care of it herself, they have valves to close up when the leg is damaged. If the leg is damaged, she will take it off herself.
She was climbing the walls of the enclosure and i tired to take her off to prevent a fall and she ran up the wardrobe and fell from the top

I think that the injury is just at the valve part. Basically where the leg connects to the carapace

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
She was climbing the walls of the enclosure and i tired to take her off to prevent a fall and she ran up the wardrobe and fell from the top

I think that the injury is just at the valve part. Basically where the leg connects to the carapace
That must have been quite the scare! Hopefully it is just the leg and nothing serious. I would just make sure she has access to a waterdish, and leave her alone for a bit. There is not much you can do at this point but wait.

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
That must have been quite the scare! Hopefully it is just the leg and nothing serious. I would just make sure she has access to a waterdish, and leave her alone for a bit. There is not much you can do at this point but wait.
Yeah she has her dish and she was sealed up (i hope.i got.all of it)
Thanks

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It looks like it will be fine without any further help. My eyes aren'the what they once we're but it looks like you narrowly averted disaster

Kymura

Arachnoknight
Posting to follow.
That had to be extremely frightening..

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
It looks like it will be fine without any further help. My eyes aren'the what they once we're but it looks like you narrowly averted disaster
And i think i just caused another.. Some glue dripped underneath her somehow
When she started moving and trying to pull the leg off she spread the glue on her book lungs and she got a piece of substrate stuck there

Ovetall she seems to be acting normal but i think it's way too early to tell

Attachments

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
That's not good. I would leave it alone for a bit and let things do what they're going to do. If you use super glue on an injury like that, I would recommend using the gel type as it is less prone to drip or run and the gel pretty much stays where you put it. Use it sparingly when you must so that this sort of thing can be avoided. Super glue under the wrong circumstances can sometimes be worse than whatever it is being used to treat. There isn't much you can do to fix it now, only time will take care of it. Anything that will dissolve the superglue could very easily kill your T, especially where it happens to be. Pulling it off might open a hole that you can't repair. It's best to leave it alone and let it work it out on it's own.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
And i think i just caused another.. Some glue dripped underneath her somehow
When she started moving and trying to pull the leg off she spread the glue on her book lungs and she got a piece of substrate stuck there

Ovetall she seems to be acting normal but i think it's way too early to tell
They are very resilient animals. However if your T lives through the next molt I'll be surprised after reading what has happened above. Even the fumes from the glue are enough to knock out/kill a T potentially. This is a bad situation gone worse.

What a shame as it has beautiful colors.

All you can do is wait.

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
They are very resilient animals. However if your T lives through the next molt I'll be surprised after reading what has happened above. Even the fumes from the glue are enough to knock out/kill a T potentially. This is a bad situation gone worse.

What a shame as it has beautiful colors.

All you can do is wait.
She seems to be doing ok for now. She took a prekilled cricket earlier so i guess that's a good sign.
And yeah she has great colors. She molted not that long ago and a day after molting she looked dark red. A true RCF

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
She seems to be doing ok for now. She took a prekilled cricket earlier so i guess that's a good sign.
And yeah she has great colors. She molted not that long ago and a day after molting she looked dark red. A true RCF
I'm with you on this sad moment, oh dear neighbour :-(
It's time for hope and pray :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Keep us updated. I hope she pulls through.

Lessej

Arachnopeon
I feel bad for you and your T! I hope the piece of substrate falls or come off with ease. Good luck and keep us posted on how everything turns out.:anxious: