A worried newbie!!

locko75

Arachnopeon
I am about order my first T's but i suddenly paniced that the enclosures i have bought are too big.
I have bought two enclosures the first is intended to house a 2cm Avicularia diversipes spiderling and is 6"(h) x 4"(d) x 4"(w). The second is intended to house a 1-2cm brachypelma Klassi and is 4"(h) x 4"(d) x 6"(w).
Are these too big? or am i just a nervous beginner?

Also after avidly reading the Tarantula keepers Guide i have been led to think it is unecessary to heat the enclosures as long as they are kept in a relatively warm room. Is this right?

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Arachnethegreek

Arachnopeon
Something as small as those slings don't need much size space. You avic will do fine in a tall deli container, as long as it's not too wide, about 3"(h) by 1.5-2" diameter. Your brachy I would put in a small deli about 1.5" (h) and maybe 3" diameter. Slings that small need to be put in smaller cages for their own protection IMO. So my personal advice, go get some muchies, like some mixed nuts, eats the nuts, clean the containers and house the T's when they get here

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I wouldn't worry about the size of the containers too much, however those are a little big for these guys. I would think though that after you receive the slings, they would molt pretty soon so you might be ok with those containers. just make sure they are set up appropriately and you should be fine IMO.

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
I wouldn't worry about the size of the containers too much, however those are a little big for these guys. I would think though that after you receive the slings, they would molt pretty soon so you might be ok with those containers. just make sure they are set up appropriately and you should be fine IMO.
+1
most of my slings are in containers that would be considered "over kill".They all adjust and grow into them without problems.My avic love the containers that they are in,more space to web.Good luck with yours just provide a nice hide and they should feel relatively comfortable.

locko75

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the advice guys.

I'm so excited. i've wanted a T for so long and i'm finally getting some. I'm sure i'll be asking loads more questions so please keep the advice flowing.

PS this really is addictive isn't it. I haven't even got my first T yet and i'm already thinking of the next ones i would like :D:D Arachnoholics annonymus here i come{D

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Use the search function, read the tarantula keepers guide and you should be well set.