A web of widows!

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, more like a vial of slings, but that's less fun to say. :)

I have a WC female Widow that was given to me- shortly after her arrival she laid an egg sac. The husband said NO WAY on the sac, so i put it in a secure pill vial. This morning i have hatchlings. Many, many tiny widow slings. I need to get them out of the house.

I can:
A) Take them FAR out into country and release them
B) Dispose of them (not a choice i like, but it IS an option)
C) Try to re-home them

So...ideas? Anyone out there want a vial of widows?

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Widow slings like to balloon. Put the open vial near a fencepost or something where they can climb up and catch the wind. They'll disperse all over the place. FYI that widow will keep pumping out eggsacs all summer long.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
yes it will keep pumping out sacs. and just to be totally clear, was the WC widow from really close to your area?

if it was found very near your area you could release them. but what i might do, is let them cannibalize down to a manageable number, that way you have a big very healthy widow in the end ;)

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yes it will keep pumping out sacs. and just to be totally clear, was the WC widow from really close to your area?

if it was found very near your area you could release them. but what i might do, is let them cannibalize down to a manageable number, that way you have a big very healthy widow in the end ;)
She was found by a co-worker of my husband, near his home- i'm not sure where that is, but it could be 15-25 miles from where i am now. lol, let them cannibalize down to one and then name it 'Darwin.'