A. Versicolour sling died!

Cringles

Arachnopeon
My versicolor sing died recently, not sure why, it recently molted and was fine, moved it into a new home to, im guessing maybe it was either stress or because there hard to raise? it was barely in its new home a day before it passed away. So i was thinking of getting another aboreal sling. Versicolors here are a bit expensive here, and i dont know any privite breeders. So in the mean time i was thinking of a avic. avic sling? are most of the avic species hard to raise? i was hoping to get a spider that could be handled if need be. My versi sling was hard to get back into its home, so had to use my hands to handle it and guide it back in.
So what im asking is some recommendations for a aboreal sling which can be handled and hardy/easy to raise. thanks in the meantime

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
A. versicolor is one of the most notorious "random mysterious deaths" species--although if it molted "recently" and was then rehoused, maybe it was rehoused too soon? They're also very prone to random non-mysterious deaths from even the smallest husbandry error, or possibly stress from being handled too often. Frustrating creatures, I'll probably never own one myself.

I do hear A. avic is sturdier.

wicked

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A. versicolor is one of the most notorious "random mysterious deaths" species--although if it molted "recently" and was then rehoused, maybe it was rehoused too soon? They're also very prone to random non-mysterious deaths from even the smallest husbandry error, or possibly stress from being handled too often. Frustrating creatures, I'll probably never own one myself.

I do hear A. avic is sturdier.
Actually in my experience it has always been the other way around. My A versi are hardy and the A avic have been the troublesome species. I keep Avicularia metallica x3, Avicularia purpurea 1, Avicularia versicolor x4, Avicularia bicegoi 1 and Avicularia avicularia x2.

Of those species raised I have lost 1 out of 4 A metallica (human error- dehydration) and 4 out of 6 Avic avic.
Of the A avics, I lost 1 sling(CB) to a molt where he was tangled in his own silk, 1 MM (WC) of old age, 1 adult female (WC) from a bad molt (she looked perfect, but she couldn't eat. I believe her sucking stomach wasn't working) and an adult female (unknown) of unknown age died of mysterious causes.
No other loses from the other species and all of those were raised from tiny babies. So the only species I had any mystery deaths with were the A avic.

If I were you I would give the Avicularia versicolor another try. They are wonderful, you just can't beat those colors. :)
Here are the pics of mine.
http://atshq.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11487